New bars new new new

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilemiyorum Altan

Reaction score
Hello
I have used palm oil (to increase palmitic acid ratio) and titanium dioxide first time .
Titdiox did not make it white and I could not mix it well , you can see white dots on the marble bars. When I use the bars will those dots dye my hand?
I put some old soap crumbs to make it look like confetti (why? Dunno) but did not work.
In the marble red and white pieces of crumbs look bad. Looks so bad :(

Attachments

• qqq (Custom).JPG
    qqq (Custom).JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 0
  • qqqqa (Custom).JPG
    qqqqa (Custom).JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 0
  • qqqw (Custom).JPG
    qqqw (Custom).JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 21 temmuz 2022.jpg
    21 temmuz 2022.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I think your bars look beautiful! Those red ones look like modern art! 😍

Did you disperse your TD (titanium dioxide) before adding it in? TD comes in either water or oil dispersible so make sure you dispersed it in the right thing. It also works best if it's stick blended into the bater, so that could have been an issue if you didn't. I'm not sure if it will come off on your hands, my bet is it won't be noticeable.

You are officially a soap maker - being too hard on yourself is part of it. Your soaps are very nice looking, and I'm sure you will love using them. I don't think the TD spots will cause any issues as far as staining your skin, at least it shouldn't. @MellonFriend already told you to check what type of TD you have (water or oil dispersible), and to disperse it before using and stick blend it a little once you have added it to the batter. Good advice!

Really good looking soaps there! What did you use for red? I find reds to be really tricky because you can end up with soap looking like meat -- so you should feel extra proud.
The TD dots won't do anything when you use them.

You can do a search here for how to disperse TD. I've had luck with putting Tbsp oil and tsp TD in a baggie and squishing it. Lately, I use a palette knife (from art supply store), on a cutting board, Tbsp oil and tsp TD and squish that way. Keep up the good work!

Titdiox did not make it white
It is difficult to get a true white because you are using oils that are naturally yellow.

It is always best to disperse TD in either water or oil, but you need to contact your vendor to make sure. My preference is to disperse in oil as I can hand blend it in as TD has a tendency to thicken batter. Lisa with I Dream In Soap has a video on this.

What did you use for red? I find reds to be really tricky because you can end up with soap looking like meat -- so you should feel extra proud.
Thanks.
That colour became a little weird.
First I put one teaspoon of silver(first time using silver) colour mika powder and it did not change anything and added one more ts silver , nothing changed.
And I decided to add copper mika because I have used it before and it worked well. I think that silver made the copper colour a little bit pastel.
PS:In the photos they look more saturated than real.

Attachments

• IMG_7753 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_7753 (Custom).JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Beautiful nice coloured soaps! Love the white swirl in the clay design! The combination of colours is very nice👌🏼

Back