new bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

see

Reaction score
Can you tell any difference in bubble/lather w/ a uncured vs cured bar? I tried my tweaked recipe bar this morning to check the lather. i think it has less bubbles than my other bars but couple other people dont.

can i expect a 2 day old bar to produce more bubbles/lather after curing? im sure there are lots of people out there who couldnt wait for cured bars to try. :)

i cant imagine it would be that much difference except maybe richer lather. my main concern is doesnt seem to have many big bubbles which would be understandable b/c i dropped the co down.

funny i did the zap test and felt no zap. i have other bars that are much older and still zap. anyway.. i was going to try it whether it zapped or not...just on the hands.

peace everyone :)

Soaps do have better lather after curing. Some recipes are fine after 4-6 weeks and others are better after several months. It really depends on the combination of oils.

I had made a batch back during the summer and I wasn't happy with it after it "cured". I put the bars away and kind of forgot about the batch (it was a small one). A couple of weeks ago, I got one of the bars out to use and loved the lather. This is one recipe that definitely needs several months of curing.

eta: You really shouldn't use the soap if it zaps. That means there's still active lye in it. Your skin can get really irritated (or burned) from the lye. It's better to wait although I know that's really hard to do. I get very impatient to try soap but I at least give the soap a week before I test a sample.

thanks for the info. ok so i think i will go ahead and make more w/ this recipe. if its going to get even a little better, it will be good.

yeah i know it can irritate. i was will to take the risk for just a quick hand test. (this one didnt zap) i just needed to make sure the soap was good bf i made more.. i dont make it a habit. :D

smiles

I have a batch not crazy with the lather now will try it again in several weeks. Good news is I have enough other soap to give it more cure time.

see said:
yeah i know it can irritate. i was will to take the risk for just a quick hand test. (this one didnt zap) i just needed to make sure the soap was good bf i made more.. i dont make it a habit. :D

Yeah, I know it, too. Guess what I did when I unmolded my batches tonight? :wink:

It's just so hard to resist lathering up. :lol:

Latest posts

Back