New at mp soap HELP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to this forum I'm also new at soaping I'm gunno try mp for the first time in the next few weeks I've watched loads of YouTube video about mp soap and they all say you need like 1% of oils and essential oils to your soap but there no clearer on the situation can anyone help me work out what ratios I'm gunno need to work with I'm officially confused on that front TIA

You do not need to add extra oils to m&p in fact it is not really recommended. What brand did you purchase, the supplier should have some guidelines. Melt and Pour usually takes 1-2% fragerance load, again depends on the melt and pour you are using.

You do not need to add extra oils to m&p in fact it is not really recommended. What brand did you purchase, the supplier should have some guidelines. Melt and Pour usually takes 1-2% fragerance load, again depends on the melt and pour you are using.
Thank you that's helpful I haven't purchased yet. Thank you for your help I have now resolved this issue

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is the beauty of melt and pour. You can actually use it as soap "as is" or you can add fragrance, colorants, butters and exfoliates (if the soap will hold them). Each base is different so you should check with the supplier to see if they have any guidelines. Then play away!

Back