New, and successful first batches!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jettibo

Reaction score
I've read on here a bit but only registered today! A friend came over on Sat to make soap and we didn't know what to expect. We planned to do 4 batches then when we go together we started to freak and were saying that if we get one batch done we'll be happy. Turns out we did 3 40 oz batches!! We made a batch of lavendar baby soap with dried lavendar buds in it, a batch of castille ssoap that we split into two and made half a citrus soap with grapefruit and sweet orange EO and another half citronella exfoliating bar with oats, and the last batch is just unscented batch to be hand milled at a later time. The only batch we didn't get to was a batch of beef tallow soap and that was because the rendering process took longer than expected (I now have the tallow in the fridge and am unsure I've done it right so afraid to use it, but I'll make a seperate post about that).

I have to say I'm surprised at how quickly the process went. I expected it to take hours to do a batch (that's what I remember when watching my grandmother make soap as a kid).

I will definitely be making MUCH more!

Welcome. Your soaps sound yummy. DOn't forget to post pics so we can all oogle them :D

JOanne

jettibo said:
Turns out we did 3 40 oz batches
Wow!!!! :shock: I think it took me 10 hours to make a one pounder! :lol: :lol: Congrats!!

jettibo said:
I will definitely be making MUCH more!
Welcome to the addiction. :lol:

Digit

I'll try to get pics but it's not very easy since I have to download them onto a different computer!

I used the book "Crafting Soap at Home" by Mike Hulbert for the recipes. We researched like crazy, including using this forum before doing anything and very nervously started. I'm very glad we took the plunge, but will be looking for some ways to decrease the price (or sell on the side to pay for this obvious new addiction). My mommies group is already drooling and wanting to buy some!

Back