New and have a question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivanstein

Reaction score
I tried out the shaving soap recipe on modern soap making. It turned out well and lathers like crazy. However, the lather "dries out" quickly and doesn't provide protection from the blade for more than a minute or so.

I did change from the chopped silk to some liquid silk proteins due to availability. Other than that, it was made to the gram weight of all ingredients.

What can be done on the next batch to make a more stable lather?

Uh, would you please share the recipe in this thread -- giving weights of ALL ingredients -- and your method? Otherwise you are expecting each of us to hunt up this recipe before we can give reasonable advice, and I for one think that's a little unfair.

I would go and read this thread, from start to finish. Make a flask of tea or coffee and grab a biscuit, because it's a long one. It is, however, the 101 for shaving soaps. http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=34264

As for that recipe posted, I think they misnamed it. It's okay, but there are a lot of things there that I just do not think have any place in a shaving soap. Give that linked thread a read and you'll see what I mean - I number of people have played with various things and give their feedback

Thank you, I will read it.

I guess it's all part of the learning process and the fun of having a new craft. Unfortunately my grandmother is passed and I don't know any other people who make soap. That's the wonder of the internet! [emoji1]

Back