New and Addicted

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadTeddyBear

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Last weekend my fiance and I were to go on a camping trip but had to cancel early in the week due to the weather. She was pretty bummed so I started looking through groupon for things to do that weekend instead and stumbled on a soap making class. I signed us both up on Saturday and by the time we left I knew this was something I wanted to do again. Then on Sunday night while I was doing some research and explaining some of the stuff I found she "cracked" and demanded that we immediately go find oils, lye, and whatever fragrance we could find at target (colored with parika since it kinda fit) to make a batch. Two hours later we finished it and started planning out making and giving out soaps as gifts for the holidays.

Right now we're waiting on supplies we couldn't get locally and eager to get started! I found the forum here while I was researching things and it kept popping up with a lot of great information and insights.

Welcome, you might hold off on the gift giving of your soaps until you become more proficient in the making of it.

Thanks! We haven't told anyone about the gifts so if after a 4 week cure they aren't good enough for gifts then we'll just write it off as a learning experience and do. Something else. I also have a little 16oz cardboard mold to test recipes and coloring, so we'll be doing a few of those first.

Welcome
I hope it helps to get yourself well informed
(Tip: read on the legal part right in the beginning..licenses and stuff..so you are informed already)

Latest posts

Back