New Addict from Utah

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needadietcoke

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I live in Utah. I've been making soap and other products for a few months and it has become a passion. I'm one of those crazies who studies things for a while, but once I start actually DOING it I go full speed ahead. I've made a bunch of batches of soap with varying degrees of success. They all look and work fine to other people, but I know their weaknesses. I still haven't found a "perfect" basic recipe and I've been using only vegetable oils so far. May get some lard today and when it warms up and I can be outside, I'm going to try making beef tallow.

I bought the SoapMaker software right at the beginning of my journey so I have all my recipes and notes in one place. This has been a good thing because I have started selling and I needed to keep track of my batches.

Looking forward to learning a lot here and getting some good advice.

Kaye

Welcome, fellow addict! Before I found this forum, I considered selling my soaps but after learning all the legalities and insurance processes I decided to keep it as a hobby. I already work full-time and have one side business, so for now soap-making is hobby-only for me! How have you found the process of switching to business-mode?

Hey Kaye and welcome. You will find that using lard in your recipes can make a great soap. I would have never dreamed of using it before reading a bunch of posts on this site, but I tried it and, seriously, it's my favorite bar (out of about 15 batches so far).

BTW I love your nickname! I love diet coke too :)

Back