New Addict from Utah

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

needadietcoke

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I live in Utah. I've been making soap and other products for a few months and it has become a passion. I'm one of those crazies who studies things for a while, but once I start actually DOING it I go full speed ahead. I've made a bunch of batches of soap with varying degrees of success. They all look and work fine to other people, but I know their weaknesses. I still haven't found a "perfect" basic recipe and I've been using only vegetable oils so far. May get some lard today and when it warms up and I can be outside, I'm going to try making beef tallow.

I bought the SoapMaker software right at the beginning of my journey so I have all my recipes and notes in one place. This has been a good thing because I have started selling and I needed to keep track of my batches.

Looking forward to learning a lot here and getting some good advice.

Kaye

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum and the addiction!

toxikon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, fellow addict! Before I found this forum, I considered selling my soaps but after learning all the legalities and insurance processes I decided to keep it as a hobby. I already work full-time and have one side business, so for now soap-making is hobby-only for me! How have you found the process of switching to business-mode?

ibct1969

Reaction score
Hey Kaye and welcome. You will find that using lard in your recipes can make a great soap. I would have never dreamed of using it before reading a bunch of posts on this site, but I tried it and, seriously, it's my favorite bar (out of about 15 batches so far).

BTW I love your nickname! I love diet coke too :)