Never Making Christmas Soaps Again

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just this years FO that is misbehaving for you @TheGecko or do you notice this every year?
This is the first year I have made Christmas Soaps...and it will also be the last given that every one of them accelerated on me. At first I thought maybe there was something wrong with my Master Batches (oils/butters), lye solution) or my soaping temperature, but all my non-Christmas soaps behaved as they usually did. So I'm thinking that it's probably what @KiwiMoose and @AliOop said...'spicy' notes of the FO...and I do have a recipe that 60% Hard Oils and soap at lower temps.

I'm about to try gingerbread too on Sunday! I have 3 Christmas sents hopefully mine will be ok. I will let you know if any of them are nice to work with.
Nope only my Gingerbread soap turned out. My Eggnog scent smelt so good out of the bottle after I made my soap it smelt awful and my other Christmas sent bonbon chalet it smells so bad I'm not even going to try it. I think I will give up on Christmas scents too. Lol and my Gingerbread smells really good but it smells more like chai tea.

I decided a couple of years ago not to do "Christmas" soaps, or seasonal soaps for that matter. I find that they just don't sell at my market and I really don't like selling left over Christmas or Valentine soaps in the middle of summer.
So, having said the above, I did make a sort of Christmas-y looking soap with pink and green and scented it with Very Merrry Cranberry. I brought it to the market today and the entire batch sold! This is my fifth year at the market and I've never had a seasonal soap sell out the day I brought it to market.... any soap for that matter.

So, having said the above, I did make a sort of Christmas-y looking soap with pink and green and scented it with Very Merrry Cranberry. I brought it to the market today and the entire batch sold! This is my fifth year at the market and I've never had a seasonal soap sell out the day I brought it to market.... any soap for that matter.
Cranberry is a good scent; my favorite is BB's Cranberry Pomegranate. Turns out hubby really likes it too and he is super picky about his scents.

Back