Never leave kids washing dishes when you CPOP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zolveria

Reaction score
:problem:well i placed my batch of soap in the oven at 175 degrees wonderfull charco and french clay blend with lemongrass and tangerine scent. in the oven Left my daughter cleaning the kitchen.

1 hour later I find it odd that i smell the soap.. hmmm i go in the kitchen and my oven was set to 300 ARRRRRRRGGGG. MY SOAP FLUFFED .... I am so upset. I hate HP soap.. now i have HP soap.. WT fudgiscles. :problem:

Guess as she wiped the stove she hit the oven dial :(

we will see what caves my soap has once i cut it :(

yeah i normally leave it on 175 for 3 hours exact then turn it off and take the mold out then next day.....

arrrrrrrrrrrrgh............

My oven's lowest setting is 170 and I use wooden molds, parchment paper, and often mine doesn't even make it the whole hour without getting bubbles. I have to start watching like a hawk at 30 minutes. Usually it comes out at 45. I'm still in awe at how you can get away with 175, especially at 3 hours.

My one grown daughter that still lives here is always 'putting away' my soap stuff not in it's proper spots. I won't even go into the whole fiasco of her deciding that she wanted my workshop as her bedroom and switched everything while I was gone last weekend. There is still blood to be shed over that. But know someone else feels some sort of child/soap disaster pain, although yours sounds much worse than just stuff dumped in a pile in the west room. :(

Latest posts

Back