Never have had acceleration before....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallerygirl

Reaction score
But man, I did today and it left me all frazzled. :shock: :? :lol: I have heard it mentioned before, seen the warnings on some frangrances, but wasn't prepared for how fast you have to work when you run into soap that accelerates when putting fragrance in. AND let me tell you, I didn't deal with it gracefully. :oops: It looks like poo, but I am sure it will be a nice soap. Couldn't sell them tho! :roll: It was a hazelnut cream - smells wonderful.. shrug. I also did a grapefruit scented soap and used a colourant from soapsupplies.net to put in swirls - now they look pretty good. k

awwwww man, I am embarassed to share these pics of what is now being dubbed "poo bars" by my twin boys. :oops:

I guess you can see which ones are the poo bars???? But they smell great! :lol:

ellen said:
Looks like Hazelnut Fudge Brownies to me....

or cheesecake brownies that stayed 5 minutes too long in the oven. :D

[that's not an insult, btw. ;) ]

never have had acceleration before....

I am terrified of getting acceleration. It is just waiting to happen to me....a newbie!!
This is what I have been doing so far to ward off this disaster: I soap at RT and I add my FO or EO to me RT oils and stir and stir to incorporate and then I pour my RT lye mixture very slowly into the oils. I stir by hand until emulsion gets going and then I switch to the SB. This usually just takes a minute or two and I know almost right away if I am heading towards the dreaded "a". I have had a few trace fast for me and even a couple that I never got to the SB part so maybe that is acceleration and I did not know I had it. I think if you dump everything in fast and start to SB and the FO is a new one for you, you don't have time to head it off. Good luck....

Reallyrita, I think you are right....I did kind of, at the end, just threw the rest of my ingred. in.

I will take all the descriptions above for the poo bars. 8) In fact, when I get ready to give them away, I will just have them in my mind as the hazelnut brownie bar or cheesecake brownies or whatever....convincing myself here. Thanks for your kind words everyone. k

Well, they do look edible and they smell heavenly! They don't look like soap! :roll:

I forgot to take a pic of the grapefruit bars that I cut, they are very nice. Just made and Oatmeal, milk and honey, with oats and a wee bit of honey from one of my friends own hives (from last year) I used the O,M and h. scent from soapsupplies.net, very nice scent! k

gallerygirl said:
Well, they do look edible and they smell heavenly! They don't look like soap! :roll:

I forgot to take a pic of the grapefruit bars that I cut, they are very nice. Just made and Oatmeal, milk and honey, with oats and a wee bit of honey from one of my friends own hives (from last year) I used the O,M and h. scent from soapsupplies.net, very nice scent! k

They look yummy gallerygirl...make that Marbled Hazelnut Fudge Brownies - I see a swirl in them. Don't feel bad - one of my first attempts when I ventured into FO - was what I deem 'operation spheres" - it was so bad - I couldn't glob it in my log molds and had to start making soap balls immediately. lol I now highlight in yellow the labels of my known tracers.

hey Id wash with them :) I like the look of a rustic bar!

I have a batch that looks even worse than those, girl! I tried to layer vanilla eo and vanilla fo.....I don't even want to share pics of those, let alone think of how I will sell them. They may end up as Xmas gifts....but sometimes customers do go for the rugged-looking bars, especially if I put them in a basket alone, as if they were somehow 'special'. :lol:

Latest posts

Back