Neither here nor there.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was so intrigued by the "Kiss" challenge...
I have been gathering these peony molds for about a year &1/2 as I find them. The only one I have used for CP is the largest (which would be the last in the peony progression). I used FO Stormy Nights cuz it won't behave in CP but I love this scent.

I used m&p since there is no flippin way CP would be firm enough to hold up to unmolding.

MUshrooms & small flowers are because I couldn't accurately calculate amount of soap.

First 'kiss n pour'

Attachments

• 20220728_202841.jpg
    20220728_202841.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220724_132126.jpg
    20220724_132126.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
I used m&p since there is no flippin way CP would be firm enough to hold up to unmolding.
The ones on the left look like candle molds?. You could probably use CP, but you would need to increase your Lye Concentration, use some Sodium Lactate and then leave the soap in the molds for several days.

I used the below mold to make soaps for my son's wedding. The first batch (CP) turned out perfect, but then I started having issues; I live in the PNW and we were having record rainfall and cooler than normal temps which resulted in my losing most or all of the detail. Fortunately I had planned ahead...made a larger master batch (for consistent color) than I really need and gave myself extra time...as it was, I ended up with the exact number of soaps needed and with the last batch having a minimum four week curing time (I prefer eight). I ended up doing the above myself...increasing my Lye Concentration, doubling my Sodium Lactate and waiting four days before unmolding.

Heart 2.png

I was so intrigued by the "Kiss" challenge...
I have been gathering these peony molds for about a year &1/2 as I find them. The only one I have used for CP is the largest (which would be the last in the peony progression). I used FO Stormy Nights cuz it won't behave in CP but I love this scent.

MUshrooms & small flowers are because I couldn't accurately calculate amount of soap.

First 'kiss n pour'
Beautiful soaps. Did not know this could be done with M&P.

The ones on the left look like candle molds?. You could probably use CP, but you would need to increase your Lye Concentration, use some Sodium Lactate and then leave the soap in the molds for several days.

I used the below mold to make soaps for my son's wedding. The first batch (CP) turned out perfect, but then I started having issues; I live in the PNW and we were having record rainfall and cooler than normal temps which resulted in my losing most or all of the detail. Fortunately I had planned ahead...made a larger master batch (for consistent color) than I really need and gave myself extra time...as it was, I ended up with the exact number of soaps needed and with the last batch having a minimum four week curing time (I prefer eight). I ended up doing the above myself...increasing my Lye Concentration, doubling my Sodium Lactate and waiting four days before unmolding.

View attachment 68028
Beautiful soaps!

View attachment 68028
Interesting. I will try with a few of these & CP

Those peony soap molds make a lovely soap! I really like peonies, but my husband hates them so I only get to admire them when on walks past houses where they grow. I get my way on most things, so I can certainly give in on this little matter.

Not that I want to buy another mold, but those mushroom molds are pretty cool, too! Where did you find these lovely molds?

Those peony soap molds make a lovely soap! I really like peonies, but my husband hates them so I only get to admire them when on walks past houses where they grow. I get my way on most things, so I can certainly give in on this little matter.

Not that I want to buy another mold, but those mushroom molds are pretty cool, too! Where did you find these lovely molds?
The mushrooms are 3-4 years old. I believe I bought them on Ebay from Nichole(?) Molds.

Back