Neem turned green?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies, I have olive oil infused with neem, it is a deep beautiful green what is need good for? thanks
Neem is reportedly good for many skin conditions. Whether that can be true for a wash-off product like soap, I will say that my husband's troubled skin responds very well to my high-lard-colloidal-oat-neem bar.

Do you use the neem oil or the powder? I have had the oil, and phew! It smells really bad. However, although I haven't used the powder in soap yet (hmm--green neem powder and pink calamine---I may try it) but I keep a container of it in the bathroom and will often use it when brushing my teeth. It is fantastic if you have sensitive or bleeding gums.

There have been threads on here about making soap for brushing teeth. (trying desperately to get back on topic) :goodbye1:

@Carly B I use the oil. The smell is pretty strong OOB, but I only use it at 10%-20% in soap. For whatever reason, the smell of neem in soap really doesn't bother me. But because others are repulsed by it, I do add scent to soap made with neem.

In one batch I used sweet orange EO and molasses as my sugar (it's a super heater but makes nice bubbles). The combination made for a sweet caramel-y smell.

This last time, I used Dragon's Blood FO, which discolors to dark tan, so it's a good combo with the greenish-tan of neem. This batch smelled even more strongly like toasted caramel with a musky undertone. Everyone who smelled it said it was fantastic. None of them picked up on the neem smell that offends so many.

Latest posts

Back