Neem oil, which EO is a good match

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welsh black

Reaction score
I love neem oil soap but the smell is - well, being nice its earthy!! Any suggestions for an EO which will blend nicely with this oil. I know I'm never going to mask it. I have vetiverte, patch, lemongrass, roesmary, ceder,peppermint, geranium, lavender. Perhaps looking at an indian theme here ?

I made a batch of neem soap with the help of some of the folks on this forum, scented it with Patchouli.When it cured out it was actually quite nice, hard to describe but not bad at all. I added the Patchouli at a heavy 1 oz PPO.

Not sure what happened to my earlier post, but florals and mints including Geranium do not mix well with neem. Patchouli, Lavender, Cedarwood, Litsea, Gingergrass, titch of Anise and Grapefruit all mix well with Neem. I find a nice blend of earth EO's go nicely with neem oil. Gingergrass, Litsea and Patchouli with a titch of Anise goes nicely. Even some Tea Tree in the mix works.

These all sound great. I think I'll split the batch and try two types. I'm going to put some tumeric in one half. I'll let you know what the smell is like. However, I've bought this neem from a UK supplier called soaping kitchen and I have to say that it smells grassy and earthy and not so "strong" as my previous purchase from another supplier,miso perhaps this is a fresher batch, or the manufacturing process is better.

Back