Needle felting!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grayceworks, glad you're able to "do" more now. The body not being able to do all the things mind wants to do is SO frustrating!

Here is today's Wee Woolie, it's maybe an inch and a half tall
View attachment 4534

I'm very happy that hubby is helping me find ways to do more! Yes, it's frustrating when my mind is wanting to do all the things I used to, and my body says, ummmm nope! LOL Or trying to plan ahead for anything... You'd think I'd know better after so many years, but my mind rebels at the idea of limitations. :rolleyes:

I love that little panda! You make such cute things!

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! I just love them so much I wanna share. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1385145588.269948.jpg

Ok now I definitely have to go look into how to make those. You are very talented!!

I do felted soaps but I don't like wet felting them - I needle felt them all over and then do designs on the front.

Oooooh, would love to see a pic of yous, MaitriBB! I wet felt mine, then needlefelt the designs. Out of curiosity, how come you don't like wet felting?

I wet felt my soap too, even the design. Though I have started to needle them some, and it's definitely more precise as far of decoration goes. I would also like to see yours that are all needle felted!

Oooooh, would love to see a pic of yous, MaitriBB! I wet felt mine, then needlefelt the designs. Out of curiosity, how come you don't like wet felting?

Here's some of mine: http://maitribathbody.com/wp/?p=1092

I just don't like standing over a sink doing the wet felting. Also I use wisps of roving that are difficult to get full coverage on the soap. And, probably most importantly, it's something that I can do while watching TV or sitting at a craft show if there's no customers.

Recently I ordered about 10 colors of roving from Felt Alive and they came in larger sheets so I s'pose I could do it if I wanted to ... but needle felting is what I usually do.

I must have missed this thread. Those animals are so sweet! I love love love the giraffe.

How do you needle felt an entire soap bar? I only know how to wet felt, and needle felt onto felted soap!

How do you needle felt an entire soap bar? I only know how to wet felt, and needle felt onto felted soap!

I just wrap the roving around and use a multi-needle tool to lightly attach it, then once the soap is all covered in roving I felt it all over until it's a complete piece. You can feel the felt "take hold" much like when you wet felt it.

It's only recently that I even heard of felting. It's simply amazing to me how just a wad of wool and a needle can produce such fantastic creations and you're so good at it, AKjulz! They are all very very lovely. I can't even pick a favourite, I just love them all.

It is lovely work! Good job!

I think a toddler would love to collect them!

Thanks DebiB! I was super pleased with how that little guy came out...seeing as Christmas is around the corner I gotta see if I can make another as cute

Back