Needing some validation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreativeWeirdo

Assume humorous intentions.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a bunch of soaps from Royalty Soaps on impulse. I just really like her soap designs but they always sell out so fast and usually I'm not THAT hardcore into it to set an alarm. But I just looked at her website on a whim and saw that her collection was still there. I love her designs, specially the colours. I find most of the scent descriptions not my thing (I'm more into the woodsy/earthy/musky scents and I'm not that big a fan of florals or sweet scents) but I still bought them! Just because I love the pretty colours! I could really use the validation to ease my buyer's remorse. Or at the very least, my misery could use some company, so if you'd like to share your story or a similar situation, please have at it. Thanks so much!

I love, love, love, the Royalty Soap YouTube channel. Katie is the only soap maker I watch. She has helped me redefine my understanding of creativity and given me the ability to see that was holding myself to too high a standard when it came to my art. Enjoy the soap! They are beautiful and you should not feel guilty for splurging on something for yourself. The only thing that would be a shame is if you ruined your ability to enjoy them by feeling guilty. So enjoy them! I'm sure you disserve it. 🙂

Buyer's remorse? Because you don't need any more soap? Look at it this way; you admire Katie and her work, enjoy her videos and now you not only helped support a small family business, but you own a little piece of all the magic that is Katie! Enjoy! (skip Starbucks this week if it will make you feel better ;))

Btw: I do the same thing - buy from other makers when I have dozens at home, plus buy soaps with made with vastly different recipes and ingredients - because I. just. love. soap!

I could really use the validation to ease my buyer's remorse. Or at the very least, my misery could use some company, so if you'd like to share your story or a similar situation, please have at it. Thanks so much!
No reason for buyer's remorse. While I really do not soap since retiring from selling I have other hobbies and I recently spent $21 each for some fairly rare isopods. Seven ending up costing as much as some of my Day Geckos. If these little suckers die I will really have buyer's remorse, and I cannot even see the little guys they hide. At least you can look at your soaps and they do not die. :D Just added they are Rubber Duckie Isopods.

Attachments

• Rubber-Ducky-Family-1.png
    Rubber-Ducky-Family-1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have dozens of shave soaps. I came here as a wet shaver, and after I learned to make my own I became even more interested in other's shave soaps. I've got an order sitting in a cart of over a hundred bucks that I'm probably gonna have to abandon due to lack of room and short funds lately but definitely understand buying from other artisans.

I spent $90 on yarn today. I do not feel guilty.
I spent $60 on 4 skeins of super-thick yarn and a new J-hook because I fell in love with a lap blanket that I found online. I quickly found out that i hate crocheting with it…its very cumbersome to work with. Now that is buyers remorse lol.

Back to the OP….I have purchased from other soapers here, and have longed for some of the you tubers soaps, but never got to their shops on time to get what i wanted. I have also traded soaps with others from here.

I spent $90 on yarn today. I do not feel guilty.
I think anytime we can treat ourselves their shouldn't be any guilt. I'm usually busy caring for family' i'm the last to get pampered. So enjoy Dear. Its a good thing to support our Soaper Family. 🤗🧼👍🏼
I have so done that.
I spent $60 on 4 skeins of super-thick yarn and a new J-hook because I fell in love with a lap blanket that I found online. I quickly found out that i hate crocheting with it…its very cumbersome to work with. Now that is buyers remorse lol.

Back to the OP….I have purchased from other soapers here, and have longed for some of the you tubers soaps, but never got to their shops on time to get what i wanted. I have also traded soaps with others from here.

I used to work at a yarn store. I know how you all feel! Do NOT even ask me to count my stash. The problem is I can't get rid of any of it because I HAVE plans for it! Best intensions.

Last edited:
Let us know how you like the soap! I've thought about using the royalty soap recipe, but I tend to feel like cheating unless I formulate my own. 😋

Yes! With shipping to Canada AND the exchange rate, I'm ending up paying twice as much in CAD then my subtotal was in USD. That is where the remorse comes in. If more of that was going to Katie, I think I would feel different. I am "justifying" this as a trial. I'm a little intimidated by the Palm oil, so this is considered RESEARCH in my book; and to me, my education is worth it. That is what I'm telling myself.

I used to work at a yarn store. I know how you all feel! Do NOT even ask me to count my stash. The problem is I can't get rid of any of it because I HAVE plans for it! Best intensions.
Dont even ask me about my fabric stash lol.

I had a ton of fabric in various sizes to begin with. Then when covid started, i figured i would make masks, so i bought more fabric. Then i couldnt find elastic for earloops (because of covid shortages in the beginning). Plus i couldnt get a good sized pattern to follow…so i never got to making all the masks that i planned on making. So i guess my next project is going to be a quilt with all my covid mask fabric. …after i finish the quilt that i started pre covid, that went on the back burner to make masks that i never made LOL.

Dont even ask me about my fabric stash lol.

I had a ton of fabric in various sizes to begin with. Then when covid started, i figured i would make masks, so i bought more fabric. Then i couldnt find elastic for earloops (because of covid shortages in the beginning). Plus i couldnt get a good sized pattern to follow…so i never got to making all the masks that i planned on making. So i guess my next project is going to be a quilt with all my covid mask fabric. …after i finish the quilt that i started pre covid, that went on the back burner to make masks that i never made LOL.

Or you could make little stuffed people for kids. You can make all different kinds of "people"; by people I really just mean take a gingerbread person template and use any fabric, any pattern, and just make people shaped blobs. Different "skin" colours, you don't even need to put faces on them. I was thinking of doing that, then I got into soap making.

I bought a pair of $400 shoes from a company who makes their shoes by hand and I have zero regrets. I adore the shoes and I'm supporting a smallish business, so it's a win-win situation. Take a peek at these gorgeous shoes!
https://salpyshoes.com/collections/shop-all/products/meg-1?variant=18948985487449AND I've belonged to Mardi Gras Krewes in New Orleans for years and between the Krewe fees/our costumes/throws I spend an average of $2K/year to ride on a float and throw beads and things to strangers ONE day a year!! My husband used to think I was crazy for doing this, but now he loves being in the crowd and bragging "That's my wife up there!" I always save the best throws for him :)
So don't feel bad and enjoy your purchase!! We only live once and the question I always ask myself before an indulgence is this: "Will this affect my ability to take care of my financial responsibilities?"
If not, then knock yourself out!

Last edited:
Back