Need your help.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDak

Reaction score
My wife has two friends that want to learn how to make soap.

I want them to learn the cold process way but I do the old double boiler type of hot process way.

Could any of you please link me to a video that is a good way for a beginner to learn the fundamentals that I can forward to my wife's friends?

Thank you for any links.

It's the same as hot process, only instead of cooking it you just pour it at trace in to the moulds, while the lye is still active
I kind of knew that but I seem to remember that you have to wait for things to cool down before you do certain things, etc.???

Couldn't remember what those things are so it would just be better if they learned from someone who has done cold processing.

I have just never done it so I don't feel too confident telling them to do something I have never really done in real life.

Brambleberry has a lot of great kits for beginners. Most of them has step by step tutorials on the Soap Queen blog and there are some with videos. (I'm sure other suppliers do similar things, I just happen to follow Soap Queen on YouTube)

If nothing else it's a start to both process and supplies/safety gear

Latest posts

Back