Need to Vent!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to go with JB as well..if its a legal binding contract, then the vendor has every right to question why others are not held to the same contract. Imo, its not the money, its the principle of the thing.

Also, if a contract is breached by the company, then the vendor has the right to withdraw from said contract with no repercussions. {such as being blacklisted, since this could affect sales} It can be taken to court and the favor would most likely be going to the vendor who withdrew, with the organizer {contract holder}being held responsible for paying for all of the court costs etc..

I don't like deceit, in any form, and I def do not practice it..and just as JB stated, if the organizer was breaching their own contract, but holding me to it, then that's not something I'd want to be a part of in the future, so I would gladly stand up and say something, without worrying about coming back.

That's just my 2 soap bubbles on the issue....:p

Anywayz, glad it worked out for you stephy :)

If, for whatever reason, the organizers decided to change the original terms, all vendors should have been contacted beforehand, and offered the chance to withdraw if they chose to. I think that unfortunately, being their first craft fair, the organizers were not familiar with how things work in the craft fair world, and did not anticipate that there are crafters who choose particular craft fairs because they are specifically designated as all handmade. For this reason, I think vendors should ask about things that are deal breakers for them, beforehand. If organizers are reluctant to answer questions, that would be an indication to me, that it might not be a craft fair that I want to do.

When I do a craft fair that is particularly well run, I always email the organizer afterwards to express my appreciation. A good organizer works hard to make sure things run smoothly. I think it's also appropriate to let an organizer know, in a respectful way, what things were not up to par. They can't change things if they don't know that vendors are not happy, and if they are new, they probably don't know, and hopefully will appreciate the feedback. Many craft fairs distribute a feedback form to vendors. Make sure you fill them out and return them!

Latest posts

Back