need the basic method for making soap....urgent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali.merchant

Reaction score
hi, i have been browsing many websites, but i have not been able to find the basic method of how to make handmade soap in detail, there are only different types of recipes but none of them offer methods, like how to make it and temperature and stuff like that. if anyone knows how to make it , please post it here, i would be very thankful to them.

PS. i know millers soap and common websites like these please dont give me such links, if it is possible put the method online directly.thanks a ton

well shoot.. i only have links to hot process sites..

Let me see.. what are your questions .. and maybe I can answer them

weighing your oils and measuring your lye and water..
what does trace look like?
saftey?

I usually have my oils at 110-120 and my lye at about 120 or so..

There is no way to teach someone soap making method in a post. Asking what temp do you soap at is like asking what question do you cook at. That all depends on what you are cooking/soaping.

I read several entire books before I began to grasp the process. I think Miller's website is the best place to start. If you do not get it there, you are not going to get it from a post or two, IMHO.

Here is the link to her traditional method page.

http://www.millersoap.com/pennwaltetc.html

There is no way to teach someone soap making method in a post. Asking what temp do you soap at is like asking what question do you cook at. That all depends on what you are cooking/soaping. There is a whole lot of math & a whole lot of chemistry involved in the process.

I read several entire books before I began to grasp the process. I think Miller's website is the best place to start. If you do not get it there, you are not going to get it from a post or two, IMHO. If you are looking for short cuts or an easier method, there really aren't any.

Here is the link to her traditional method page.

http://www.millersoap.com/pennwaltetc.html

I agree with you Tab! That is one of the first web sites I read, reread, and then read again! After spending 100's of hours reading various sites, getting involved in a few forums, asking general questions, I then made my first batch. It does take time & patience to make a great soap. I've redone, tweaked, whatever you want to call it, over 30 recipes in my 2 years of soapmaking to get the synergy of the oils/fats/butters I use in my most favorite recipe. Along the way spending in excess of $1,000.00 in oils, tools, and such to get to where I am today. It is hard work, but fun work if you enjoy it, but no shortcuts.

Paul....

Why is it Urgent?

I would suggest watching the video's in the tutorials
thread.

making soap

the best thing would be to attend a recognised soapmaking course, I found it invaluable when I started to make cp soap.

This isn't meant to be snarky, but can something that is going to take 4 or more weeks to cure, be done "urgently?"

I have to second the recommendations to read several books and watch to tutorial videos. My preferred book is The Soap Maker's Companion. In it you will find method, recipes, temperature and much more information.

This thread is three years old. This person has probably moved on.

I was the newbie that popped it to the front too! I wasn't paying attention while I was looking at all the old topic's~ sorry fellow soapers. :oops:

LOL. No bigee. I need someone looking over my shoulder to keep me on topic when I post. I probably irritate occasionally as my mind wanders....

Latest posts

Back