need supplier/Stay Fresh with Peanut or New York Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grettastith

Reaction score
I'm trying to "improve" my FO's--I have about 40 from various places, including Hobby Lobby.
I'd like to buy about 20-25 4-8 oz new fragrances without having to mortgage my house.

I previously bought some fragrance oils for car freshies from Stay Fresh with Peanut (SFWP). Most smelled great!
Overall, I like them and their prices (4 oz about $9 and 8 oz for about $13.

1. My question is this: are their FO's "watered down"?
The IRFA usage rates are sooooo high!
I'm totally confused!

2. Does anyone know anything about SFWP with soaping-how is the scent with cp? melt and pour? They are supposed to be fine for soaping--mostly--there are a few that aren't skin safe...

3. Does anyone know of any other reputable companies that have good products, reasonable prices, reasonable shipping, and preferably accepts sezzle, afterpay, affirm, etc

I'm sorry for all of the questions, but I am so confused!!!
Thank you for any help you can give this ole girl!

I'm not familiar with either of those companies. For affordability, I've had the best luck with Fragrance Buddy. Finding 8 oz bottles for $13 will be pretty hard to do. Fragrance oils from craft stores like Hobby Lobby generally aren't safe for cold processed soap.

Hi @grettastith

A high usage rate means that the FO has lower amounts of potentially problematic ingredients - that's all.

Plenty of nice, strong fragrances show high safe usage rates - too high for making good soap, in fact. Even if the safe usage rate is 25%, you sure don't want to add 25% of another liquid to your batter, right? ;)

Your best bet is to find fragrances with review for how it behaves in the batter, how well it sticks over time, and how strong or weak it is at typical usage rates. For the US, that's usually going to be 5-6%. If I have to use more than 6%, it has to be a can't-live-without fragrance for me, since I don't want to spend any more on FOs than I have to, either. :)

Fragrance Buddy and New Directions Aromatics are some less expensive options. You can also look in FB destash groups, or group buys.

I'm not familiar with either of those companies. For affordability, I've had the best luck with Fragrance Buddy. Finding 8 oz bottles for $13 will be pretty hard to do. Fragrance oils from craft stores like Hobby Lobby generally aren't safe for cold processed soap.
maybe not, but the labels say they are safe for soap!
but I placed an order for over $400 with Nurture Soap

Hi @grettastith

A high usage rate means that the FO has lower amounts of potentially problematic ingredients - that's all.

Plenty of nice, strong fragrances show high safe usage rates - too high for making good soap, in fact. Even if the safe usage rate is 25%, you sure don't want to add 25% of another liquid to your batter, right? ;)

Your best bet is to find fragrances with review for how it behaves in the batter, how well it sticks over time, and how strong or weak it is at typical usage rates. For the US, that's usually going to be 5-6%. If I have to use more than 6%, it has to be a can't-live-without fragrance for me, since I don't want to spend any more on FOs than I have to, either. :)

Fragrance Buddy and New Directions Aromatics are some less expensive options. You can also look in FB destash groups, or group buys.
I know how to check usage rates. I know how much to use. I appreciate your reply--but that wasn't my question--sorry for the confusion....but thats ok- I placed an order with a reputable company--I don't do destashes--got taken advantage of once--fool me once...yada yada...

@grettastith Yes, I definitely misunderstood why you would ask about watered-down FOs simply because they have a high usage rate. To me it sounded like you didn't understand how that works. Thank you for clarifying that you do understand, and I hope you like your new FOs!

Back