Need Some EO blending ideas :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyGoats

Reaction score
So, I'm having a bit of trouble thinking up different EO blends to try and see if I like :) ...and, I was wondering if, for a bit of fun and learning, you all would like to say what EO's would blend with what!
Here's a list of the EO's I have on hand right now:

-15+ml Lemon
-15+ml Sweet Orange
-15ml Lime
-15+ml Tangerine
-15+ml Bergamont
-30 ml Pink Grapefruit
-90ml Lemongrass
-15ml Lavenden-Grosso
-30ml Lavender 40/42
-25ml Rosemary
-60 ml Tea Tree
-15ml Benzoin
-15ml Spearmint
-30ml Peppermint
-15ml Ylang Ylang 3
-15 ml Fir Needle
-90ml Light Patchouli
-5ml Cajeput
-5ml Ajowan
-5ml Cinnamon
-7ml Ginger
-12ml Clove Leaf
-7ml Clary Sage
-12ml Texas Cedarwood

I'm aiming for spring/summer scents :) Thanks in advance!

What size soap batch are you going to make? You have small amounts of EO for soap, and quite a bit of citrus. I think that you will need .50 ounce per pound (15ml) for cold process soap. I haven't used EO in awhile, but you will want something to anchor your citrus. Possibly the cedarwood or lemongrass. I use Litsea Cubeba to anchor citrus. I know you will get help, from those more qualified, but knowing your batch size will help.

Ooooh, you have lots of good ones to play with! The three suggestions that jump out at me are tangerine/bergamot (I have a FO that blends these two, and it's a nice scent - haven't tried it with EOs), sweet orange/pink grapefruit (or any of the other citrus), and peppermint/spearmint. Ginger/lime is also a favorite of mine.

Of course, lavender goes with just about everything. :)

What size soap batch are you going to make?

My batches are normally around 32 total oz's.
-21-22 oz oil
-7-8 oz goat milk

Ooooh, you have lots of good ones to play with! The three suggestions that jump out at me are tangerine/bergamot (I have a FO that blends these two, and it's a nice scent - haven't tried it with EOs), sweet orange/pink grapefruit (or any of the other citrus), and peppermint/spearmint. Ginger/lime is also a favorite of mine.

Of course, lavender goes with just about everything. :smile:

Ohhh, those sound SO good! Ginger/Lime is really calling me :D Thanks SplendorSoaps :)

A local soaper here has a wonderful lime/tea tree blend.

Yummy :)

Oh man am I jealous!

One of my favorite blends is 25% lavender, 25% rosemary, 10% each of a blend of the citrus - such as lemon, lime, sweet orange, and pink grapefruit, then 10% lemongrass will anchor the citrus.

I also love to blend the mints with some lime.

Oh so many options...

Oh man am I jealous!

One of my favorite blends is 25% lavender, 25% rosemary, 10% each of a blend of the citrus - such as lemon, lime, sweet orange, and pink grapefruit, then 10% lemongrass will anchor the citrus.

I also love to blend the mints with some lime.

Oh so many options...

Hehe :D

That blend sounds SO good! It's a must try for me :)

Susie - your blend sounds amazing! Right now I'm in love with lavender, 10x orange & patchouli, equal parts of each. (This may have been suggested by Rude in another thread?) I have to pick it up to sniff every time I walk past my curing rack, lol.

Here is a link to the Soap Scent Review Board. You will have to register as a member to access the board, but they have a section with essential oil blend formulas.

http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/index.php?sid=ee9312a3c4fb953433747ccefd0ad1e5

I would love to join this board, but it seems that they do not let you on if you use gmail. I have used this email account for almost a decade... I do not want to have to monitor the email account from my ISP which changes far more often than one would think.

Sigh.... 1st world problems I guess

Try Eucalyptus/lime. Made this soap this year thinking it might do ok but suprisingly I cant keep this one in stock!

I would love to join this board, but it seems that they do not let you on if you use gmail. I have used this email account for almost a decade... I do not want to have to monitor the email account from my ISP which changes far more often than one would think.

Sigh.... 1st world problems I guess

K, I joined it using my Time Warner (internet/cable account, they include a free roadrunner email address.) Since it is a paid account, that works, even though I have never used that email for anything other than SSRB, and never check it (other than to sign up for SSRB and confirm that I was signing up when they sent me the confirming email.) I don't think I have been back to the TW/RR email account since then.

Latest posts

Back