Need soap making friends to bounce creative ideas and troubleshooting questions! Hi!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMCsoap

Reaction score
Hello all!
Not that new to soap making but very new to soap making problems! I've been soap making for about 3 yrs. I love it! It's a wonderful creative outlet and a challenge on the daily. I recently tried a new pomace olive oil from a reliable brand but had an incredibly fast trace, like seconds. I'm afraid of losing all the investment into my oils but this pomace olive oil is not playing nice. I have come to this forum before to learn but this is the first time I decided it was time to register and ask for help.
Nice to meet you all. I look forward to continuing to learn from you all!
Happy Soaping!

Hi there! So glad you made the leap to sign up and join the fun. :)

Most pomace oil is known to accelerate very quickly. My personal experience was limited to a small bottle, and I swore NEVER AGAIN.

I've seen occasional posts by folks now and then who say their pomace doesn't accelerate, but that is definitely the exception. My hunch is that they are working with an adulterated mix of oils with very little actual pomace in it.

Hi there! So glad you made the leap to sign up and join the fun. :)

Most pomace oil is known to accelerate very quickly. My personal experience was limited to a small bottle, and I swore NEVER AGAIN.

I've seen occasional posts by folks now and then who say their pomace doesn't accelerate, but that is definitely the exception. My hunch is that they are working with an adulterated mix of oils with very little actual pomace in it.

Wow, this is the first time I have heard anybody mention this, despite the fact that I have been using pomace olive oil from the beginning. In fact, in the soap making classes I took back in the 90s, the instructor *swore* pomace olive oil was the best type to use vs extra virgin.

You have just added another piece to the puzzle I am trying to solve at the moment - delaying trace as long as possible.

I will be trying my extra virgin olive oil in my next test batch & checking out if I notice any difference.

Latest posts

Back