Need recipe advice for Men's salon/Spa ASAP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantango

Reaction score
'Tho I've been making soap for only 3 months, and strictly for fun, giving it to friends, a local men's salon/spa has asked me to work with them to produce soap for their customers.

Their current product,(Woody's, a 10 oz. bar), sold as a shampoo bar, sells well, but it is a transparent bar made with alcohol and is drying. It feels good in the shower, but later the user notices drying, itching skin. I want to make a cold process soap that is the best product in terms of performance, not appearance.

The owner has expressed his desire to work with me and have input; wants appearance as an attribute, but it is becoming increasingly clear he trusts my judgment and does not have the time to have the detailed back and forth input regarding the design for the right soap for his customers.

So... I am prob'ly on my own in terms of the recipe and scents for a men's shampoo/bath bar.

This puts an extra burden on me to design the 'right' soap, as opposed to what the client orders. I'd like your suggestions regarding recipes.

I think Bay Rum or Coconut Bay Rum is a popular choice for men of all ages. What about Vanilla Sandalwood?

Thanks!

The scents you all mention sound good to me. I also like Hazelnut and want to blend with some citrus scent to add a little sharpness to the hazelnut warm sweetness.

I also need advice on the basic recipe. I've experimented a lot and like a soy/olive blend with some palm and coconut for hardness and lather, but want your suggestions.

Part of the fun of this is experimenting, but I want a sure fire basic recipe that will demonstrate the functional superiority of CP over a alcohol/sugar recipe that makes a pretty transparent bar,

Basic recipe for most of us is probably all different. Different skin types, etc.... etc...
Soy, olive, palm and coconut is fine. I would add some castor oil for bubbles.

Irena

Latest posts

Back