Need Rapid Testing / Suggestions Now

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by Admin, Sep 28, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 16, 2018 #341

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

when you add an additive .. it asks if if it will be added with liquids / oils .. if you add it with liquids , it will be deducted from the total required liquid amount

amd and steffamarie like this.
  2. Oct 16, 2018 #342

steffamarie

steffamarie

steffamarie

I tried this. For the recipe I gave it, I specified that I masterbatched my lye 1:1. It gives me my masterbatch solution amount and correctly deducts the liquid from the total. But it doesn't subtract my custom additive from the remaining required liquid even though I specified "add with liquid".

3. Oct 16, 2018 #343

amd

amd

amd

Supporting Member

ugh. I was going to try this out so I could snap it for the developers, but I need to have a login, but my login issue has not been resolved.

4. Oct 16, 2018 #344

Yooper

Yooper

Yooper

I'm not sure what the problem is- you're not getting the correct amount of aloe juice as 'liquid' in the results?

I'm using chrome and windows 10 and cannot recreate. Could you try clearing your cache and try again to log in?

5. Oct 16, 2018 #345

steffamarie

steffamarie

steffamarie

My recipe calls for 307g of my masterbatch lye and 158g additional liquid. When I add the aloe, it shows up in the custom additives section of the results. Then, directly below, are the recipe totals, which still includes "Liquid required" at 158g even though I've added 158g of aloe which has been specified as "add with liquid". I think it would be clearer if the calculator could reflect my chosen liquid and not duplicate the amount. As it is, it kind of looks like I'm adding 158g of aloe juice as a custom additive and also 158g of "liquid required" - which is far too much liquid for me lol

Add with liquid is fine as an option, but if there was an option to replace liquid with a specified additive it might eliminate this double-listing and provide a little bit more clarification in the final recipe. If someone handed me this recipe I might be inclined to think it wanted twice the amount of additional liquid that it does.
    Since it accounts for the water in my masterbatched lye, I would want it to account for additive liquid too.

ETA: also, is there a way to be able to edit my custom additives? I couldn't find a menu for it in my user settings and clicking the pen and paper icon next to the additive in the list only adds or subtracts it from my batch.

6. Oct 16, 2018 #346

Yooper

Yooper

Yooper

I think the way it will work is to open the recipe and simply use the 'edit' button that will be near the title of the recipe. But we definitely should have a 'save as' button for changes in a recipe that means a new one.

Yes, I think right now it will likely stay like it is- customizing is not probably feasible right now.

I see what you're saying. Using my desktop with a 24" screen it isn't a problem, but using a tablet or phone definitely means limited real estate. Let me run this by the developers and see what we can come up. Thank you!

7. Oct 16, 2018 #347

amd

amd

amd

Supporting Member

Cleared cache, closed Chrome and reopened. Same result.

8. Oct 16, 2018 #348

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

sorry , what is your login issue .. what is the username or email ?

9. Oct 17, 2018 #349

MadTeddyBear

MadTeddyBear

MadTeddyBear

Supporting Member

Glad I could help!

There's a bug right now with calculating based on mold dimensions. It seems to happen regardless of the settings used. BrokenCalc.jpg

That makes. One change you could make that would allow a user to create their own defaults with very minimal coding would be to move/copy the Save button next to the title bar so it can be used without having a completed recipe first. Shrinking the names would help keep the buttons from taking over the row.

NewButtons.JPG

For example right now all of my start with measurement set to the dimensions of one of two molds (small mold for testing recipes and larger one for making soap), units in ounces, using a 2:1 water ratio, and I want to start masterbatching lye at 1:1. Being able to save those as "Default Batch" and "Test Batch" would make it a lot more convenient to use.

Attached Files:

10. Oct 17, 2018 #350

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Thanks for reporting , fixed

11. Oct 17, 2018 #351

amd

amd

amd

Supporting Member