NEED PINE NEEDLE OIL (TURPENTINE) SOAP RECIPE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyprince

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to make some pine needle oil (turpentine) soap.
Does anyone have any idea about the ratio of turpentine in a batch?
Thanks...

It's not saponifiable (wikipedia.org: Turpentine (also called spirit of turpentine, oil of turpentine, wood turpentine, gum turpentine) is a fluid obtained by the distillation of resin obtained from trees, mainly pine trees. It is composed of terpenes, mainly the monoterpenes alpha-pinene and beta-pinene. )

So I would think about maybe 0.5-1 oz per pound of oils max.

soap

i assume you are making a mechanic's soap? i would use a higher castor oil-15% and coconut oil 40% ratio. also keep your temp very low and add at trace, as this stuff is very flammable.

carebear is right-.5-1 oz ppo.

i would add a little cedarwood or cedarleaf oil to kind of tone down the odor-they smell pretty good together.

soap

carebear, you're amazing! how do you find all this stuff out? you've probably forgotten more than i've learned so far...

you need to write a book "collected knowlege of stuff that makes life easier"!

..the dryer sheets have me going now! if i wiped my tv screen with one would that stop some of the dust thing?

dunno - might leave a greasy streak so if you try it wipe VERY lightly

Speaking of dryer sheets...
I take the used ones from my laundry and place them in my dresser drawers with my clothes to get the most out of the fresh scent.

My FIL also clips one to his hat when working in his garden in the summer... swears it keeps the pesky bugs away from his face.

I would think a used sheet might also be the ticket on your television screen. I'll have to give it a try.

Re: soap

heartsong said:
carebear, you're amazing! how do you find all this stuff out? you've probably forgotten more than i've learned so far...
quote]
with age comes a whole lot of generally useless information... often seen as (for some unknown reason) wisdom...

Latest posts

Back