Need opinions on my logo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I designed this logo over a year ago with the plan to re-brand my business from Ladybug Soapworks to Vitae Essentia. I want this new brand to read natural, upscale, and professional, so I want to make sure the logo is right. I guess I just need some opinions on whether it is a good or bad logo. Or what is anything should be changed. I really want to start getting labels made, but don't want to waste the money if my logo isn't good. You can see the logo in use at my new website www.essentiastore.com and just the plain logo below.
http://www.essentiastore.com

vitae essentia logo finalb.jpg

Thanks for the input jnl. The words mean essence of life in Latin. You are the second person to mention not knowing what I sell based on the name/logo. I will have to come up with a good tagline. I will not only be selling soap, so I don't want to limit myself by having that in the name like I did with Ladybug Soapworks.

"handmade naturals"

"handmade luxury" which is what i was thinking of putting as a tag line

"natural body products"

"handmade body care"

but only use the word "natural" if u dont use any FO or micas

some ideas....

I like the font a lot. The idea of a leaf is good as long as no one sees personal body parts in it. Maybe a slight re-working of the drawing... or a sprig/seedling would work with the concept you wish to convey. I agree on the tag line to explain what you are selling on certain parts of your advertising. Once people know, the logo would suffice to tie your products together.

Perhaps just adjusting the rib that runs up the middle of the leaf and having it connect to the stem would look nice. Might make it a bit more difficult to stamp, if you intended to get a logo stamp, but I thought I'd put this example in. Not mine. Found it on an image search, from pd4pic.com

Screen shot 2015-03-14 at 10.21.32 PM.png

Last edited:
I like the font but the leaf in the middle looks like it should be part of a word. I would either move it or make it look more like leaf. The name is hard to remember and spell. Even if you redid it to English, it makes me think of over priced water, not beauty products.

i also at first thought the leaf was supposed to be a letter

and obsidian brings up a good point....you want them to remember and be able to type in the name of your website....
if you want to keep the name you could get an easy domain like "vesoap.com" or use vitae.com or vitaesoap.com just make sure you get the wrong spelling also "vitea" and redirect it to your site.
i think domain name should be simple and easy to spell

but i do like the name, it sounds pretty and "classy"

Thanks for all the suggestions. The domain name I have is essentiastore.com so I think that is easy to remember and spell. I wanted the name of the company to just be essentia, but alas it is already taken.

Back