Need opinions of this oil.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid cotton can also be a GMO crop as much as soy is -- there are Roundup Ready strains, BT (Bacillus thuringiensis) strains, and varieties that include both traits. According to a 2008 release from Archer Daniels Midland, about 25% of the cotton grown in a 150 mile radius around Lubbock, Texas, has the BT genes. Roundup Ready varieties make up about 85% of the cotton crop around Lubbock.

...I have deeply-held, strong, loud opinions about GMO, Round-Up Ready soybeans and its' oils....

Last edited:
Thank you for the warning, DeeAnna. I thought Australia was only in trial phase (yes, it escapes) with GM food. I knew we had GM caonola but apparently we also allow GM cotton and some manufacturers allow it to be fed to cows so it is in the food chain.

I have asked my supplier if theirs is GM free.

I know the info might be a downer, but I thought it was important to share the facts. GMO crops seem to be nearly impossible to avoid, regardless of where in the world one lives. :think:

Latest posts

Back