Need ideas!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGM

Reaction score
Bath and body product formulators, unite!
You know those websites where you type in the ingredients you have in the house and it suggests a recipe you could make? I need you guys to do that with my bath and body ingredients. I'm going to tell you what I have in my stash and you're going to suggest what I can make! Sound like a deal? :) Recipes would be great, but even ideas. I won't share recipes and I don't sell; just some buddies at work got a lip balm and a promise of products before Christmas and it's time for my to pony up :)
Also, I read up on a bunch of ingredients and they sounded cool and I bought them and now I dunno what to do with them (or, I keep finding recipes that need other things but I just cannot buy more!).

Thanks friends!

Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Sal Seed Butter
Jojoba Golden Organic Carrier Oil
Macadamia Refined Carrier Oil
Neem Carrier Oil
Andiroba Carrier Oil
Argan Organic Carrier Oil
Black Currant Seed Carrier Oil
Babassu Refined Carrier Oil
Strawberry Powder - Fruit Extract 100 gm
Glycerine Vegetable - USP 99.7%
Cucumber Peel (10:1) Botanical Extract 100 gm
Zinc Oxide
Orange Wax
Pumice Stone- Granules Fine
Aloe Vera Gel Juice
Vitamin E
Natural Clay - Cedar Red
Allantoin
Double Refined Candy (best for lip products, I think?)
Silk Mica
Hydrolyzed Silk Powder
Emulsifying Wax
Epsom salt
a bunch of micas (face safe)
other usual, household things

I also have 50+ EOs so chances are good I'll have what you're suggesting.

And just so you don't think I just want to take take take, I'll link to a recipe that I use that is really good! Sometimes I dunno if these things work, but this one does!
https://www.humblebeeandme.com/silver-powder-for-banishing-blackheads/
Silver Powder for Banishing Blackheads

I also made this powder with a random clay I had and the cucumber peel extract. The powder has a serious gray tinge that probably doesn't do my complexion any favours, but it works for me:
Translucent Anti-Shine Powder

I'm jealous lol

You can maybe whip up some body butters and/ or lotion bars with the butters (doh), orange wax and vit. E.. and of course your EOs. Lip balm and/or lip scrub too.

Body scrubs? Foot soaks with Epsom salts? Hair serums with the argan and jojoba oils (and/or others)... Face serums can use those as well.

Umm.. Clay blush? If you don't know what it is I'll come back with a link coz I'm not sure what else goes in that.

I'll come back when I think of something hehehe

Thanks! These are all great ideas and except for the clay blush, all things I've made. I think that it's less that I'm out of ideas and more that I have so much product that I'm currently using and I'm trying to find something new and exciting. Except also I don't wear much make-up nor use many products, and also I'm missing some fancy ingredients, so I can't make all the interesting recipes I see on Humblebee or somewhere. Think I just need to get down to it....maybe Zing's lotion bars, some under-eye coffee serum (who knew how much I'd like to go to sleep scented with coffee and patchouli??) and and bath salts. I have some of the latter already made with lavender buds and mint from my garden. And I do like my face serums.....Ok, I'll do it!

I bought "Lemony Face Peel" (super super gentle) from a local farmers market vendor - i have to be honest, I did not check ingredients so I have no idea what was in it - but it felt good! Smooth it on, leave for 10 mins, rinse off

Masks are super hot - and multi phase / aspect masks seem to be a hit in stores

have you done heel balm? I have seen "heel sticks" that are solidified balm in a tube like a giant lip balm that you slather over your feet.

lip scrubs
infused eye "patches" - like little under-eye masks

Coffee under eye serum sounds amazing! Did you find the recipe on line?

Good luck!

Thanks those are some new things for me to explore. I do have some of those tubes already and I know that one complaint about lotion bars is that people don't like the greasy feel on their hands, so bar-in-a-tube is appealing. However, they're SO SMALL that it seems a shame to fill one up with a few grams of lotion bar and give/sell it, when you know they'll just throw it out when empty :-( My consumers can come to me for refills, so maybe that's what I'll do. But if they don't come for refills, it means they didn't liiiiiiike it!

Here's the coffee eye cream I made: I found a few recipes and amalgamated them. I apologise for the volume measurements....I'm pretty sure I converted them to weights and didn't write them down, for which I will be cursing myself when I make a 2nd batch :-(

The "coffee oil" I made by gently heating 1/2 c olive oil with 1/4 c ground coffee in it, simmering and stirring it for about an hour, then letting it sit for another 6 or so hours and straining it through a coffee filter.
The Internet says caffeine is good for tightening under the eye. Ok sure. The Internet also worries that putting a darkish cream on the bags under your eyes will make them darker, but the cream ends up just a bit grey and I never noticed a difference. TBH, I've never noticed the cream does anything positive, but I loved going to bed smelling like coffee and patchouli. Go figure.

Whaaaaaa?

Man, I gotta learn to judge volume! Hah!
LOL! Well it works really well for manufacturers, since they can give you a big package with only a little bit of product in it. Heel balm ingredients are so cheap though (at least the ones I use) that the packaging costs more than everything else put together!

Is the orange wax lip safe and if so, does it taste okay? I'd do a high-end lip balm with that and the blackberry carrier oil. If it's not good for lips, I'd do a solid perfume.

Check out Wholesale supplies plus. You can look up ingredients and then find recipes with those ingredients.

Is the orange wax lip safe and if so, does it taste okay? I'd do a high-end lip balm with that and the blackberry carrier oil. If it's not good for lips, I'd do a solid perfume.

Check out Wholesale supplies plus. You can look up ingredients and then find recipes with those ingredients.
I don't think it's lip safe.....doesn't feel good on mine, in balm, and can be phototoxic. Perfume would be good, although it does stain a bit orange.....maybe I could do a bronzing lotion!
Thanks for the tip on Wholesale supplies plus!

Latest posts

Back