Need ideas for how to use Kraft lip balm tubes missing lids!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltysoaper

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was given a very large quantity of high quality 1oz Kraft lip balm tubes (hundreds) BUT there are no lids just the push up tubes…I contacted manufacturer to see if I can just buy the lids but nope. So, please let me know if you have any clever ideas about how I can make use of these tubes for lip balm (or some other product/use)?! I’d hate to throw them away! Thanks 😊

Measure diameter in mm or cm.
Go to line to Alibaba.com
Search for: Kraft push up lip balm tubes or paper lip balm tubes
Then search by “ready to ship”
Then look through manufacturers for one that will sell small quantities
Then email a few manufacturers and include your measurements for the cap. Ask if they will send you samples of caps.
Ask if they will sell caps only.
You may find identical product
Good luck.

You can buy caps only at SKS Bottle, as well; they have lip balm caps listed on this page. That's a great place to buy in large quantities. They ship fairly quickly, too.

If you need a smaller, exact quantity, it can be worth buying them from Wholesale Supplies Plus. I did that recently for a lot of 17 plastic bottles with no caps or lids that came in a big a destash from a local soaper who was closing her business. I decided to use them for liquid soap, and could have bought exactly 17 pumps from WSP if I wanted. However, it was cheaper to buy two lots of twelve. Also I didn't mind having 7 pumps left over that I could use with other containers as needed.

Back