Need help with acne soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niclycha

Reaction score
Hey yall I'm still a newbie lol but my teenagers think I'm an expert now lol. So they are expecting a soap to help with acne. ..
Does anyone have a good acne recipe? I thought that all the ones I've been making would help with acne because they are more natural than store bought but I guess not.
Thanks in advance

I made a facial bar for our family, but I'm not sure it would be classified an acne bar, but it does seem to help with my son's acne. I was wanting to make a bar that would be good for oily skin (on our face) and it seems to work well for us. It has salt and charcoal in it. Here's the recipe if you are interested:

80% coconut oil
15% olive oil
5% castor oil

15% superfat

At medium trace I added 4 oz table salt and 1 tablespoon activated charcoal (this was for a 1 lb batch). If you decide to make it, be aware that it will probably set up soda ash and turn greyish/white on the outside, or at least it did with me.

Pine Tar!

My recipe is a pretty involved, but the kiddos like it so much I haven't fiddled with it. Sorry about the volume measurements for sugar and salt.... I keep meaning to weigh them but never get around to it.

Sub 100% water for tea I make from calendula petals and freeze (I brew it pretty strong - water is very dark)
Pine Tar: 10%
Lard: 25%
Shea: 5%
Avocado Oil: 15%
CO: 21%
Castor: 5%
OO: 14%
Mango Seed Butter: 5%

Sugar: 3tsp ppo
Salt: 2tsp ppo

Add pine tar at trace - hand stirring only. Batter will move crazy fast... plop into molds as fast as possible (it's an exciting recipe).

Thanks yall. I will soon give these a try. I do have activated charcoal yay and of course SALT
thanks again!

Back