Need help unmolding my first CP soap. It's stuck!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuneP

Reaction score
It's been 48 hours so I uncovered my oval, silicone, guest soap mold to un-mold the soaps. The top is firm, color nice quiet peach from the rose clay, and it smell good from the Nag Champa; but I can't get it out of the mold!. I inverted it and pressed all around the bottom figuring it would pop out, but it won't. I pulled the sides away and kept pushing, but the sides seem to be softer than the top! So, I've put the saran wrap back on top, and turned it upside down, since I have to finish cooking dinner, and I didn't know what to do at this point. Help!!!!

June

If it is still soft, you might need to wait a bit for it. Was the recipe high in soft oils and made with full water? Those can take a long time before they can be un-molded- especially if you didn't use salt or sodium lactate.

Soft oils and unmolding problem

Yes, I made this recipe to trace slowly, so it has 53% soft oils, and superfat 6%.. It was covered a full 48 hours plus. Putting it in the freezer for 45 minutes made it easy to un-mold. I have already mangled one bar really badly trying to force it out before I found out about the freezer technique.

Do you think it should have stayed in the mold another 12 hrs or more?

I ordered some sodium lactate today, so I'll wait till that arrives, I think before I make this recipe again. I'll put a photo of these up on the photo page if I can figure out how to do it. It may not be pretty but it is soap. LOL

June

I try to let the soap decide when it is ready to come out though it wears on my patience. Basically, if it is giving you trouble and a freezing doesn't align its desires to your own, you just have to wait it out. Most of the time I can persuade it within 24 hours... then I get excited and cut too soon. :oops:

Congratulations on your soap! I bet you cannot wait to use it.

I try to let the soap decide when it is ready to come out though it wears on my patience. Basically, if it is giving you trouble and a freezing doesn't align its desires to your own, you just have to wait it out. Most of the time I can persuade it within 24 hours... then I get excited and cut too soon. :oops:

Congratulations on your soap! I bet you cannot wait to use it.

I think this is pretty much it. When is it ready? When it is ready! It's just getting used to each recipe/mould combination

Latest posts

Back