Need help in a hurry!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean

Reaction score
Just poured up Cinnamon Toast container candles. I always mix my own colors using Candlewic Liquid Dyes. I must have made the wrong notes the last time I made these because my "Cinnamon" color is mauve and a dark one at that. Here is what I used: I want a nice cinnamon color.

2 drops blue
4 drops yellow
10 drops red

The candles are in the oven now, melting back down so I can add some more colors. I don't know what to add. Can someone please help me in a hurry.

Thanks so much.

Jean

You'll want to add more blue and yellow. Red+green makes brown. You've used blue and yellow to make green then added red, but if it turned mauve you've got not enough yellow to make it green enough to go brown instead of the pinky/purple color. Good luck.

Thank you. I had to go ahead and do something before I had a reply on this, and that is what I did. It turned out very nice. Actually, I did not know that red and green made brown. I always used a brown liquid dye in the past, but I think I like mixing my own now that it turned out so well.
Jean

Back