Need good recipe for liquid soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasper

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with all natural soap recipe . The oils I want to use are sunflower and palm.

Thank you for anwsers .

What do you have in mind when you say "all natural"? It means different things to different people.

Also, do you only want to use those oils and no others?

ETA. I see that you are new. What experience do you have with soap making, particularly liquid soap? Just so that people know where to aim the advice

Brand new in liquid soapmaking , Have done few different CP bar soaps . Yes only those two oils.

With mostly natural ingredients I believe .

Last edited by a moderator:
Palm will give you cloudy soap. I highly suggest you start here:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=46114

Read the whole thing, but use the recipe and method in post #8. I use IrishLass's Glycerin Liquid Soap recipe every time I need handwashing soap. It is amazing. I mix the KOH with water, though, and add the rest of the "water" amount as glycerin to the oils.

And welcome to the liquid side of soapmaking!

Thank you for reply and good advice ,I will read it and try! . Yes I have read about palm oil , but the thing is that i have palm oil and sunflower oil in stock ( a lots of it ) and I just wanna try making soap with those two oils too .

Thank you !

I personally wouldn't make a liquid soap with just those two fats, but it's your call. I suggest you make a 100% palm soap and a 100% sunflower soap. Mix the two in varying proportions after they are made until you get a soap you like best.

"All or mostly natural" means nothing to me. The simplest recipe would be just fat, distilled water, and KOH. Do the glycerin method (per Susie's suggestion) if you want a reliable, easy method, but you'll have to make your own decision about how "natural" the glycerin is. Use the calculator at soapee.com to figure out the correct recipe.

Thank you ! I have seen these ingredients in natural handwash soap :
Aqua, Potassium Oleate**, Potassium Cocoate**, Glycerin**, Sodium Chloride, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Simmondisia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Potassium Citrate, Citric Acid, Linalool

why sodium chloride in liquid handwash ? and potassium cocoate,oleate .

I think, before you make the soap you need to know about process of making the soap, properties of oils, what chemical reaction does to oils. ...........Watch the youtube videos and drop the word natural, it does not mean anything anymore

^^^ I agree with The Gent. Table salt (sodium chloride) can be used to thicken some liquid soaps.

Potassium citrate is citric acid neutralized with KOH; it helps to prevent soap scum when you use the soap with hard water.

This ingredients list looks like a basic olive oil and coconut oil liquid soap that contains citrate for soap scum and has been superfatted with jojoba, thickened with salt, and scented with lavender essential oil and synthetic linalool.

Anyone can use the word "natural" for any product at any time for any reason. As Dahlia points out, the word means whatever a given person wants it to mean, so it seems pointless to talk about "what's natural" and what isn't.

Last edited:
Back