Need design ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got Sugar Cookie fo from NS and omg it smells so so so so soooo good!!!

It's known to discolor to dark brown, which isn't exactly sugar cookie-like. I'm at a loss for a design for a soap, because I stink at designing brown soap, so I avoid brown discoloration at all costs normally. I bought it knowing how it discolors, but I didn't think I was going to like it all that much because I don't like sweet, and maybe use it in a combo with some other fragrance. But I decided that I like it all by itself.

I want to add it to my xmas collection of soaps and I like my fragrance to match my design, if that makes sense lol. And out of over 100 reviews on ns about the fragrance, not one person posted a picture of their cp soap LOL.

I also got a chocolate fo from them...Chocolate Indulgence, which discolors to dark brown, which is ok, because I already had plans for that one (peppermint bark guest soaps with chocolate on the bottom). BTW, this one also smells phenomenal.

You could put the FO in half of the batter and do a brown and white swirl (like a gorgeous coffee soap I saw here last week?) or leave a third uncolored, a third with one third FO and the last third with 2/3 FO and do a gradient soap.

You could use a vanilla color stabilizer. I'm forever in the debt of Irishlass for recommending Bitter Creek North's VCS. I works sooo much better than anything I've tried in the past. That should take your soap down to a tan or maybe even a cream if you're very lucky!
Or you could swirl with unscented batter to make it pop against the brown - like a red and green?

Latest posts

Back