need cleaning tips for soap wire cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I had a wood cutter, I rubbed some mineral oil into the wood before cleaning it. That helped to protect the wood so I could more easily wash down the HDPE base. I used a mini-bottle cleaner/straw cleaner to clean the groove. A pipe cleaner, or a double-handed sawing motion with the edge of a wash cloth down in the groove works pretty well, too.

My Bud single cutter is similar to that. I use a toothbrush (a go-to method for grooves such as this) to clean the groove. Occasionally, I may thread a paper towel in the groove to remove any residue.

The HDPE has been easy to clean with a wet cloth, after first removing bits of soap debris. But I always clean after each use, so never have build-up. Perhaps you can use a soft cleaning brush & get the residue off first, then use some alcohol to remove the stickiness. Then clean after each use.

My Bud single cutter is similar to that. I use a toothbrush (a go-to method for grooves such as this) to clean the groove. Occasionally, I may thread a paper towel in the groove to remove any residue.

The HDPE has been easy to clean with a wet cloth, after first removing bits of soap debris. But I always clean after each use, so never have build-up. Perhaps you can use a soft cleaning brush & get the residue off first, then use some alcohol to remove the stickiness. Then clean after each use.
I have a Bud single cutter as well and do the same as you .

I use an old debit/gift card to scrape any soap residue from the surface, and a bamboo skewer to push soap out of that ridge (or any other handy tool). If I want it really clean then I do wipe it with a moist cloth, or spray water first and then wipe it down.

I have a Bud that I wash at the sink. I'm not immersing it in water, but it makes it easier to lightly spray and clean with a microfiber towel and a toothbrush. I then dry it well.

Back