Need advise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CandiceW

Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope this is the right forum..
I was looking for a little help.
I wanted to make some bar soap for family & friends for Christmas.
I don't have time to make from scratch so bought 2lbs of Shea Butter REBATCH from a local soap shop.
I plan on using candy cane FO and red dye (also will have just white as well)
So what I was looking for help/advise for is how to exactly make a cute bar.. I think in my mind I know what I want.. probably swirled red and white.. when some sort of decorated top.. Sorry if that does not make sense, but all new to me. I just want to make something personal for Christmas that is pretty and smells yummy :p
Totally open to suggestions.. and also I will be making 2lbs(got a 2lb wood mold as well) and need to know how much FO would be sufficient for it?

thanks!!

check out soapscentreview board for a FO that other's have found don't accelerate or discolor, seize, etc., (if someone has reviewed it)

you'll have to sign up first, but it's def. worth it! :)

btw, making soap doesn't take that long, once you have all the ingredients

i make a candy cane soap for Christmas. I use a non bleeding red and pour a small amount on a wooden cutting board (several layers to make it thick) and when it is slightly hard i roll it into a large spiral. i then take it and put it in the freezer for a few mins while i melt my white base in the microwave. i usually put 1 tbs of fo per pound of soap but i like mine strong. there is a rule about adding liquid to your base... i think it is no more than 1/3 c ( i might be wrong but 1-3 tsp per lb is a good guide for fo's. you can tweek it as needed. i usually use the peppermint eo and know if you a too much it can it can really tingle/burn your skin. i'm not sure about the fo. then i spritz the rolled spiral and put it in the mold and pour in the white soap. i leave the top of the spiral sticking out of the soap. it's really cute and easy. hope this makes sense. :D
lara

btw i only do melt and pour so i'm not sure if the rebatched shea is a melt and pour base so sorry if this reply is not relevant. :D

I do not think you can work w/ rebatch like you do M&P or CP. You might want to PM pepper. Rebatch is her specialty.

Back