Need Advice Regarding Waterproof Labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a good tip and I’m going to check it out - another avenue to consider; I finally bought a laser printer - what a huge improvement. No more expensive inkjet cartridges, clearer printing, better overall. They have come down quite a bit in price. I am still on the “starter” cartridges after about a year (not tons of printing, but still).

I buy a cheap labels on amazon that is not as sticky as Avery label stock and put my labels inside my shrink wrap. Waterproof labels are just too expensive for labeling soap, also there are no waterproof labels for inkjet, unless that has changed. Otherwise have stickers made from a print company, like Custom Label Printing – Printed Labels & Stickers by MaverickLabel.com if you do not change your ingredients often.

I buy a cheap labels on amazon that is not as sticky as Avery label stock and put my labels inside my shrink wrap. Waterproof labels are just too expensive for labeling soap, also there are no waterproof labels for inkjet, unless that has changed. Otherwise have stickers made from a print company, like Custom Label Printing – Printed Labels & Stickers by MaverickLabel.com if you do not change your ingredients often.

Thats what I’m realizing. The waterproof labels are crazy expensive. I do have more recipes than I should, so having them printed isn’t realistic right now. I may have to try this but I worry about the label sticking to the soap or the color transferring.

Thats good to know. I’m looking into buying a laser printer. Can I ask if you have a recommendation for a good one that is affordable?
I am def not an expert, I tend to just read as many reviews as I can and then pick the best / cheapest option. This is what I have. Brother HL-L3270CDW Laser Review
this was a couple years ago (I think?) so there are probably other options now. Inkjet printers are cheap, much cheaper than this, but they rope you in so you have to keep buying those dastardly cartridges. I think I paid $250.

Thats what I’m realizing. The waterproof labels are crazy expensive. I do have more recipes than I should, so having them printed isn’t realistic right now. I may have to try this but I worry about the label sticking to the soap or the color transferring.
Avery Labels will stick over time, but my customers never complained. They would peel off what they could and the rest of the label would wash off. In many years of selling hundreds of soaps, I never had a complaint. After I found these labels I discovered the glue was not as good as Avery and did not stick as well, plus they are cheap and actually aligned better in my Epson Tank inkjet printer than the Avery labels. No, the ink never transferred. I used Avery Waterproof in my laser printer for lotion, lip balm, and deodorant tube labels.

Avery Labels will stick over time, but my customers never complained. They would peel off what they could and the rest of the label would wash off. In many years of selling hundreds of soaps, I never had a complaint. After I found these labels I discovered the glue was not as good as Avery and did not stick as well, plus they are cheap and actually aligned better in my Epson Tank inkjet printer than the Avery labels. No, the ink never transferred. I used Avery Waterproof in my laser printer for lotion, lip balm, and deodorant tube labels.
[/QUOTE

Thank you. I’m going to try and find them on eBay and give them a go. ]
I am def not an expert, I tend to just read as many reviews as I can and then pick the best / cheapest option. This is what I have. Brother HL-L3270CDW Laser Review
this was a couple years ago (I think?) so there are probably other options now. Inkjet printers are cheap, much cheaper than this, but they rope you in so you have to keep buying those dastardly cartridges. I think I paid $250.
[/QUOTE
Thank you! I’ll check it out. ]

Are these the ones you use?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Milcoast-M...4d119d87665bc1008553|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

I am sorry did I not post what I use. Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FLH3QP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I only use 2x4 labels.
I use an Epson Injet tank printer and I love it, the ink lasts forever. I have had mine for at least 2 yrs and refilled my tanks once and I have printed a lot of labels. As I have mentioned I used my OKI laser for the waterproof labels when printing lotion bottle labels.

Thank you. Yeah...I need to find a better option for a printer than what I have. Mine is an HP inkjet and is going through ridiculous amounts of expensive ink.

Thank you. Yeah...I need to find a better option for a printer than what I have. Mine is an HP inkjet and is going through ridiculous amounts of expensive ink.
Epson Tanks are fantastic. Mine came with a set of refills when I purchased it and I have not even used them up yet. I do know I went through one box of the labels I posted along with all my other printing. My daughter purchased an Epson Tanks last year and she loves hers too.

Thats good to know. I’m looking into buying a laser printer. Can I ask if you have a recommendation for a good one that is affordable?
Sadly, no. We just determined today that my old Dell will need to be replaced :( :( :( It seems like the lower priced ones have some icky reviews, so I'm looking for recommendations, too!

I use Inkjet Waterproof Labels from Elements Bath & Body in CO. What I like most is the variety of sizes available and that you can order a few sheets or a lot. The 1.8" X 1.8" squares for lip balms are perfect. I have an EPSON inkjet printer. The labels stand up through several washings in the dishwater -- good as new. (Yes. I reuse my personal lotions & potions containers over and over and over again. ;))

Back