Need Advice - Customer Service

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered some products from Day Star last week and this week I received half of my order with no further explanation. I was sent a tracking number for the package and no second tracking number was sent so as far as I know there are no further packages on their way.

I have emailed and text the supplier per the website instructions (I was at work today so it was hard to call). How long should I wait for a response before taking next steps and then what should those steps be? I paid about $67 but only received about $35 of my order so far.

Just feeling a little frustrated.

I don't have a ton of patience. I would call tomorrow and ask. I figure 24 hours is long enough to await an email reply.I would then ask what happened that I had gotten half my order and how I would get the rest. They will probably be prepared for you. Maybe they were back-ordered and will send it as soon as it is in, but they should give you a time frame.

Yeah, I am sure it's something as simple as that I just would like to know, you know? This is my first mishap with a supplier and I am sure it won't be the last so I am just figuring out expectations.

I will call tomorrow. Thanks!

I had something similar happen with Day Star.

One of my items was missing. I emailed, waited 24 hours and then called. She told me it was on backorder and would be crediting me for the difference. When I explained that my entire order was made because I wanted the one on backorder (everything else was samples that I was just curious about), she let me know about when it would be in and sent it to me when it came back into stock.

I'd give it a B for service. I should have been notified of the backorder prior to shipping and wish my email was returned more promptly. However, I was happy with the prompt sending of the item was soon as it came back into stock.

I believe Day Star is a one-woman operation, so I would probably wait over the holiday weekend and try again to contact her next week.

I got that feeling too, I think it's just her. I am totally OK if it's just a back order issue I would just like the courtesy of the know. I spent all day trying to figure out if there was a second package I missed the email about, did someone steal a package off my porch, or did someone cut the bubble package and re-seal it... It was just unnerving. I start worrying if she is going to say she sent it all and thinks I am lying... I am a worry wart by nature so it's just feeding my insecurities.

I know, sounds stupid.

I believe Day Star is a one-woman operation, so I would probably wait over the holiday weekend and try again to contact her next week.

I do believe she is. When I order from Stacy, it usually takes a couple of weeks to receive my order. It is hard to be patient when everyone else gets us our orders within the week. I just had to adjust my expectations for delivery, but she has some awesome product and it is worth waiting for. :)

Last edited:
Don't worry, Jules, I think everyone worries a little bit. I have always found Stacey to be very easy to deal with, the customer service is excellent. I agree that a note or something about what is out of stock would have been nice, though.

Stacy did reach out to me yesterday and explained she is out of some stuff. She had me confused with another order though so I had to respond a few more emails back and forth what exactly I was missing, and while she did refund me it was for only two of the three missing fos so I sent another email about the third fragrance credit still outstanding. I am sure she will take care of it Tuesday.

Back