Need advice asap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana89

Reaction score
I have my oils melting and my lye water cooling and I need last minute advice.
I bought Blackberry Bling Bling FO from NG and have great colors to go with it.
The problem is while the description says perfect pour-no R or A several customers said it caused serious ricing. Need advice on how to prevent this or at least make it to where it is not too bad. What would be the best temp? Should I use full water? My solution right now is 50/50.

My recipe

40% Lard
20% Olive
20% coconut
10% shea
5% castor
5% S. Almond
SF 7%
Lye-8.90
Water at 38% 24.70
This recipe has a lot of hard oils and I have never made it before. The oils are all togeather melting so I really cannot change it. I could add to it and re-calculate my lye
The total oils are 65 oz.
Thanks in advance.

l

Yes, do use full water.

I 'm sorry, I can't help you with temperature. I would say you need to keep it not too hot, but with so much of hard oils maybe it is not a good idea to have it cool either. I don't have experience with such a percentage of hard oils...

If you can add oils, it would be good to change the pecentage and have higher amount of liquids but you need to consider the quantity in this case, do you have a mold big enough or some other you can use?

Also, about the colors, will it be one or are you planning to do swirls or something? In the second case, put a little to each part of different color, although it will still be difficult...

I hope I am not too late. :roll: Tell us how it went!

Hey guys thanks for the advice. I did not see it until after I made it.
The FO did great and I used 4 different colors. I soaped at about 120 degrees, split the batch four ways and didn't add the FO until I was ready to pour. I even had spare time.
Maybe it was the lard that gave me so much time.

CAM00238 bbb.jpg

Well here they are cut. The colors muted when it gelled.:thumbdown: I am happy with them though. Next time I use that many colors I think I will use my loaf mold instead of the slab.
I have a very bad habit of not being able to let it be- the top of my soap in the slab started out with an even, cool looking simple figure 8 design and as you can tell in the first pic I could not put the chopstick down and kept on until it was just a bunch of colors on to with no design!lol
Obsidian-That is actually FUN neon yellow from NG. They are so easy to use, they are liquid and a little squirt goes a long way.

CAM00244 blackberry-sage.jpg

Back