Need a good supplier in uk? Mica, oils ect

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's steep! £2.99 for 1000 ml at Lidl and Morrisons. Try the Asian grocery stores for pomace - approx £12 for 5 litres. Any olive oil as long as it is not blended with other vegetable oils should be ok. It can be virgin, light or pomace. It will say on the label if it is blended with other oils or not. The problem with blends is that unless it is specified on the label you can't tell what percentage is not olive oil and can't calculate the SAP value accordingly, so might end up with lye heavy or extra SF soap.
I seen one in the Indian shop but it said 5 ltrs for £8 promance but then said olive mixed with soya oil?

I seen one in the Indian shop but it said 5 ltrs for £8 promance but then said olive mixed with soya oil?
You want the one that is only pomace - not mixed with soya. Here is a pic of the one I use:

How long ago did you make it?
It will eventually fade to pale brown:

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/beet-powder-for-coloring-cold-process-soap.52161/
Made it about 18 months ago or so. Made a few loaves HP. They didn't hang around long enough to discolour to brown. My kids took some to uni and I distributed the rest to friends and colleagues and used mine up in the shower and bathroom and kitchen. I should've kept one piece back for observation purposes, but decided I wasn't going to bother with the hassle of dehydrating and grinding and sifting the beetroot. Also, I don't have any more storage space for my soap stuff so have decided to keep things simple for now.

Attachments

• 20180304_212357_resized.jpg
    20180304_212357_resized.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180304_212357-1_resized.jpg
    20180304_212357-1_resized.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Back