Need a favor, please.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone make me a bar of soap with a plastic spider embedded in it? My cousin and I have been going back and forth joking about this giant spider that I found in my washing machine. I posted a photo of it and the jokes began. I told her I was going to make her a special soap, I've been wanting to try embeds and here's my chance. However, I don't want to go out and buy all the stuff just to make one joke bar of soap. So, if you are willing to help me freak out my cousin, please let me know. She likes the smell of gardenias, so if you happen to have that FO on hand, it would be even funnier. Once I get a volunteer, I'll PM to find out details/pricing, etc. Thanks!!

Why not just go to the Dollar Tree or Dollar Store and buy and plastic spider? You can embed it in a bar of M&P soap (base available at your local hobby store).

Good question! That was my original plan, to buy a plastic spider and get clear M&P from hobby lobby. (Oh gosh. I must not giggle at my desk. People sneak up on me and question my sanity.) But then I realized I would be stuck with a bunch of M&P I will never use again. That seems like far more of a waste of resources than paying someone else that already has M&P base to pour a bar for me. Even if it costs the same amount or more, it's much better for MY environment not to have the M&P around.

I can ask my daughter if she still has some spiders and have her pour a nice m&p soap form the melt and pour I made.

That would be awesome!

Edited:

Wait. You MADE M&P? Uh, with oils and lye? Like I make hot or cold process soap? You can MAKE YOUR OWN soap so that you can melt it later and do something fancy with it? You don't go to hobby lobby and buy "soap without lye?"

That would be awesome!

Edited:

Wait. You MADE M&P? Uh, with oils and lye? Like I make hot or cold process soap? You can MAKE YOUR OWN soap so that you can melt it later and do something fancy with it? You don't go to hobby lobby and buy "soap without lye?"
No I do not. Give me until tomorrow and I will get a spider and pour you one this way you are not stuck with awful hobby lobby m&p. We also use Stephenson and Essentials by Catalina Base, but my daughter likes mine better. Problem is, it is to expensive to make for mass production and she goes through approx 1000 lbs + of base per year

Back