Need a beginners bath bomb recipe! :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
My citric acid came in today (I got 1kg) and I want to make some bath bombs tonight!

I don't have a lot of other fancy ingredients that I have seen in some bath bomb recipes. I don't have witch hazel... but I do have lots of different vegetable oils (palm, coconut, castor, olive, sunflower, safflower, grapseed, canola). I also have coloring and some essential oils! (As for salts, I only have epsom).

Does anyone have a recipe for me?

Hi,

First off, here is a video you must see of a lady making bath bombs.
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2790&highlight=bomb

Second, there are 2 main types of bath bombs, those that fizz but are dry & those that fizz & are oily. The ones that are dry contain witch hazel, which you can get at your local grocer or drug store. I prefer the ones made w/ oil, they are like a solid bath oil.

Here is a basic recipe:

• 1 part citric acid
• 1 part corn starch
• 2 parts baking soda
• oil of choice (olive, almond, soy,etc)
• Coloring
• Fragrance
• Mold

Mix all dry ingredients & slowy begin to add oil. Add just enough for it to form a ball, kinda like you are making rum ball cookies.

Press into molds.

Allow to dry for up to one week to harden.

The baking soda & citric make the fizz so those 2items are a must.

Once you make a few batches you can start leaving out the corn starch & playing w/ other ingredients like salts & powdered milks.

Back