Neat Little Toy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwystedPryncess

Reaction score
Sooooo, I've been working a lot. A....LOT. 14 hours Saturday...8 hrs at the jewelry booth, 7 hours waiting tables. Sunday..8 hours at the booth. Today, just four hours serving. Today felt like a day off! But the new job serving has actually been BETTER for me and my fibro--it's only part time, and the walking is really helping. I'm always a stiff cranky witch in the morning, so it's not really changing that much.

Ok, venting done.

So while unstiffing this morning before work, I found this youtube video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4S0kn_IxrY[/ame]

I ...really....like that little toy. I haven't ever seen anything like it anywhere for sale though!

My soap edges don't come out rough like hers though when I cut them. Mine are pretty smooth. So, I'm wondering what this lady would do if she ever wanted to crinkle cut a soap--but that's kind of my mind rambling. Ya'll can probably tell by now I'm a bit rambly. :oops:

Anyway! I DO have issues with my freezer paper wrinkling the other edges, and this would come in handy for that...and I also like how it makes the pretty soap curls if anyone watches a bit thru the video.

Any idea where it might come from, or if it was built, where the blade might have come from and how it might have been installed? (I think that sounds like a Lee question right there...):razz:

I bought this one : https://www.etsy.com/listing/192733842/bladeless-soap-trimmer-st250-nf?ref=shop_home_feat_4

One of the best tools I ever owned. Because it is stainless steel you never replace a blade - it does not dull. The beveler is on the side and only removes the smallest amount of soap. Bars come out smooth and uniform when you cut with a wire cutting tank.

I also like this one because it is easy to wash and dry and it is NOT easy to cut yourself.

I have that one, it's the one that K linked to by Couer D'Alene (sp?). I like it. I really like the planer part, the beveler (the bit that does corners) is OK but I find it a little harder to use. Have not tried another so don't know if they are all like that. The blade is v. sharp, so you have to be careful using/cleaning it. I think it is generally v. well rated and fairly inexpensive at $35.00 plus postage.

ETA: the shavings that the planer creates does make awesome soap curls.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'm not picky, not looking for something exact like she has, just something that would do what it does. I really appreciate the suggestions!

I have an acrylic beveled/ planer. Has anyone here used one of those? Not having used the other, I think the stainless steel blade would be sharper. I got my acrylic at soap making resources.

Back