NEA's First Batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEASoapWorks

Reaction score
My Very First Batch of Soap

First, can I just say I'm in love with this soap? First off, it cut like a dream. The texture and color are even. It's good and hard. Not so crazy about the FO I used, but...the soap is fabulous.

I tried some of the scraps — right now, it's the perfect (what I like, anyway) balance of creaminess and bubbles. The pH is 9. Can't wait till it cures completely! :D Thanks to Paul, Soapmaker Man, for taking the time to tweak my original recipe, AND for the wonderful TOG soap mold! I owe you!

FirstBatch.JPG

Well, your very welcome! :D We knew you could do it! 8) You took your time, studied, researched, asked pertinent questions, and listened. All important steps leading up to that first batch of CP soap. I feel a part of your joy inside right now, my friend! :D :D Congrats to you, the sky is the limit! You've got the bug, now accept it and full steam forward! 8)
Ph of 9 is fantastic. It should come down at least 1 full point after a good cure.

PS: Nice soap, NEA! 8)

Paul.... :wink:

My Soap!

@ Smell
Uhmm...it's hard to describe how it smells. It's not a "bad" smell. It's just not a great smell, either. It's not like anything I can relate too. I'm going to mix it with something, like a Vanilla FO, next time.

@ Paul
That mold is FANTASTIC! The soap came out so easily and the liner is reusable. Your expertise is appreciated. Yes, you share in my success.

@ Everyone
Thanks for the feeback. It means a lot, coming from you all.
Now, it's time to figure out when I'm going to make my next batch! 8)

Back