nearly genius wick holder...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilsonFamilyPicnic

Reaction score
i was making some candles today and i only had one of those fancy schmancy wick holders....so, i was looking around and found....

a wooden clothes pin! it has that metal spring right in the middle that the wick fits through and it lays across the top of the container and voila!

so, i was immensely proud of myself until i bumped the container and my clothes pin fell in and started sinking.... :lol: but if you are less clumsy than me, it works great!

both great ideas .. i'll give them a shot .. i'm used to using them dollar store paint brushes .. the really thin ones for kids .. an i wrap the wick around that till its tight an its worked great for me so far

I use wooden BBQ skewers. You can purchase them at the dollar store in two different sizes and I curl the wicks around them and lay it acroos the jars. Works fantastic.
Be careful you don't leave them laying around though...they could prove to be dangerous but that's another post... :)

I use popsicle sticks/tongue depressors as well. The husband feels all manly making holes in them without shredding the cheap wood. he spent almost an hour picking the right size drill bit the first time. :lol:

Latest posts

Back