Neapolitan soap and fragrance woes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suchisam

Reaction score
I made some Neapolitan ice-cream soap yesterday, the design worked out just as I wanted 😁 but the fragrance didn't.
1st layer : chocolate mousse
2nd layer strawberry, strawberry shortcake
3rd layer strawberry, cookies n cream.

Once in the soap it smells kinda perfumy.. It doesn't smell sweet like I wanted. The fragrances were new so instead of doing a testing batch I dove right in 😅 I only make 1lb batches right now so not the end of the world, live and learn (lots of learning these days lol)
Fragrances are currently the bane of my existence but when you stumble upon a really good one it's a real rush! Haha
It's still early days so hopefully the scent will improve.
IMG_20220424_035239.jpg
IMG_20220424_035242.jpg

Oh alright I'm in the US and use Brambleberrys Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry. But not sure if you can get those? Sorry

Oh alright I'm in the US and use Brambleberrys Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry. But not sure if you can get those? Sorry
I'd consider trying some of their fragrances I believe they ship to Canada but it costs like 40$ 😳 what do you think of their sweet fragrances?

Are there specific ones? Besides the chocolate and strawberry? Those 2 work well, no issues in cold process. The lilac is divine. The Lingonberry Spice is great for the winter holidays. I use alot of Pink Mimosa and their Brambleberry signature too.
I also use alot of Nurture Soap's fragrances.

Are there specific ones? Besides the chocolate and strawberry? Those 2 work well, no issues in cold process. The lilac is divine. The Lingonberry Spice is great for the winter holidays. I use alot of Pink Mimosa and their Brambleberry signature too.
I also use alot of Nurture Soap's fragrances.
If all else fails I'll definitely try them out! It's so much more cost efficient to buy them in Canada, I already find them quite expensive, especially since I'm so picky! Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it 😉

I love everything I've tried from Brambleberry except for relax (smells like play doh to me) and apricot freesia (which smells like literal dookie or BO... 0/10 would not recommend). One of my favorites was summer fling but they discontinued that one. My other main supplier is raising their prices so much that I as I once felt Brambleberry was too expensive, now they're not looking so bad. Turkish mocha is one of my favorite coffee themed fragrances and I am very picky with those.

I love everything I've tried from Brambleberry except for relax (smells like play doh to me) and apricot freesia (which smells like literal dookie or BO... 0/10 would not recommend). One of my favorites was summer fling but they discontinued that one. My other main supplier is raising their prices so much that I as I once felt Brambleberry was too expensive, now they're not looking so bad. Turkish mocha is one of my favorite coffee themed fragrances and I am very picky with those.

It really sucks when an FO gets discontinued. I love Ancient Sedona...it's been discontinued. My daughter loves the Dark Chocolate Orange...it's being discontinued (I will need to get another bottle). Have you tried their Chocolate Espresso? My BIL absolutely loves it!

It really sucks when an FO gets discontinued. I love Ancient Sedona...it's been discontinued. My daughter loves the Dark Chocolate Orange...it's being discontinued (I will need to get another bottle). Have you tried their Chocolate Espresso? My BIL absolutely loves it!
I think I saw your post about it a while back and it's been on my mind but I haven't taken the leap yet. I'll have to get a 2 oz with my next order.

I think I saw your post about it a while back and it's been on my mind but I haven't taken the leap yet. I'll have to get a 2 oz with my next order.

I barely mix my oils then separate about a 1/4-1/3 quickly. I then add the FO along with Hershey's Cocoa, a little brown oxide and some brown mica and blend to a medium trace and pour. I then do a 'mica line' with cocoa. I then let it sit for a bit...about 10 minutes and then I had some TD dispersed in oil to my separated batter and blend until it starts to get thick and the plop it on top (think whip cream). I then sprinkle some more cocoa on top.

Looks yummy!

You nailed it, MrsDuck!

Sad for your Grams, though. If my granddaughter were to show me what looks like ice cream, I'd probably want the desert, too!

Some years ago, one of our members posted that her father (I think it was her father) took a bite out of one of her soaps. A cupcake soap, I think, but it may have been another food imitator soap. As I recall she was a little worried about that. And another soaper reported a customer complaining that her child had eaten a soap that looked like a marshmallow. Gives me pause as related to food-like soap designs.

I made some Neapolitan ice-cream soap yesterday, the design worked out just as I wanted 😁 but the fragrance didn't.
1st layer : chocolate mousse
2nd layer strawberry, strawberry shortcake
3rd layer strawberry, cookies n cream.

Once in the soap it smells kinda perfumy.. It doesn't smell sweet like I wanted. The fragrances were new so instead of doing a testing batch I dove right in 😅 I only make 1lb batches right now so not the end of the world, live and learn (lots of learning these days lol)
Fragrances are currently the bane of my existence but when you stumble upon a really good one it's a real rush! Haha
It's still early days so hopefully the scent will improve. View attachment 66196View attachment 66197
It’s so beautiful!

Latest posts

Back