Naughty Me Today!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
... and I got caught. I talked my hubby into going to Costco Business Center after having to go 12 miles in the opposite direction to Joanns to pick up an online order. When we got to Costco I headed directly to the oils section and promptly aimed for the box of Lard. o_O Yup, 48 lbs. Keeping in mind I have no markets and not sure when and if I will have any after this mess if over. Needless to say Hubby was a bit irritated with me. He actually had the nerve to accuse me of only wanting to go to that Costco because I knew they had lard. No, not me. :rolleyes: I would not do such a thing. After messing with my last several batches of vegan soap I Had to have Lard. My lard is now tidily sitting on my rack just waiting...

You go girl!!!! He'll get over it. I have 50 lbs waiting for me to get the motivation to make some. I'm not sure any of my shows will happen this year either. Maybe the one in the fall but who knows at this point.

Good for you. My basement is stocked with 5 such boxes of oils as I purchased before all this came up. Now I gathered up most of my wrapped soap and donated it. No one knows what's next.

... and I got caught. I talked my hubby into going to Costco Business Center after having to go 12 miles in the opposite direction to Joanns to pick up an online order. When we got to Costco I headed directly to the oils section and promptly aimed for the box of Lard. o_O Yup, 48 lbs. Keeping in mind I have no markets and not sure when and if I will have any after this mess if over. Needless to say Hubby was a bit irritated with me. He actually had the nerve to accuse me of only wanting to go to that Costco because I knew they had lard. No, not me. :rolleyes: I would not do such a thing. After messing with my last several batches of vegan soap I Had to have Lard. My lard is now tidily sitting on my rack just waiting...

I wish our Costco’s around here carried lard. I ordered a 50lb box online. How do you store yours?

I just transfer to a 5-gallon bucket and store it on a rack on my service porch. My service porch stays much cooler than my house. I have no freezer to store oils in.

I know I have mentioned before I do not like the brand Costco carries and it is only 48 lbs, but in desperation, you take what you can get. My Smart & Final has been out of stock.

I just transfer to a 5-gallon bucket and store it on a rack on my service porch. My service porch stays much cooler than my house. I have no freezer to store oils in.

I know I have mentioned before I do not like the brand Costco carries and it is only 48 lbs, but in desperation, you take what you can get. My Smart & Final has been out of stock.

ok, thank you. I ordered from a place called Bakers Authority and have no idea when it will get here. I plan on transferring as much as I can to my extra fridge, but the rest I’ll need to keep somewhere in my house. We keep it around 70 so I hope that’s cool enough! I won’t have a problem if I order in the winter because I have a Florida room that stays nice and cold but in the summer the sun comes in and it gets hot out there so can’t leave it there! I’ve decided I love lard and plan to use it in most of my soaps so I’ll probably go through it pretty quickly.

@cmzaha :lol: Good for you!

@Jersey Girl I divide it into buckets and store them in the freezer.

no freezer space here unfortunately but I’m gonna try and make some space in the fridge for maybe a third of it. The rest is going to have to be stored at room temperature inside but I read it it’s only good for 4 to 6 months that way. :( Any personal experience with how long it keeps at room temp?

I’m also guilty of making a beeline to the oil section of my Costco! And my husband knows darn well what I’m doing. Luckily I have this forum to enable me!

Back