Natures Garden

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you work for them or something, Carebear? Nobody said any supplier has 100% great scents or 100% duds. People need to realize that yes, personal tastes do vary and even if a review board praises a particular scent or supplier, it is no guarantee that a future buyer will agree.

It seems like whenever someone has enough nerve to say, hey my experience with a particular company is that their products leave a little to be desired, someone else comes along and seemingly tries to invalidate that opinion.

The truth is, that for many people, they can be extremely happy with certain suppliers until they sample what else is out there. NG is a good middle of the road type of supplier.

Review boards

Hi Carebear,
When I do a search for a scent I check three review boards.

1. http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/index ... 2f2a61226f

2. http://www.fragranceoilfinder.com/catalog/index.php

3. http://www.scentforum.com/search-fragrance-oil.php

Not every review has cp soapers that use it. Some reviews use it in other applications so for us that want to know how it works in cp it is rather useless info. I also agree that each persons nose is different so even if I do not like a certain scent from a company some one else might. I just wanted you to know that I do my research before asking but like I said not every scent is on there for cp. Have a great day. God Bless.

I seldom look at review boards anymore because everything is so subjective. Some sites offer their own "customer" reviews and there are plenty of forums where the same people post the same information on review boards. I know of one supplier who provided free samples as "testers" to certain individuals, who then flooded forums with great reviews on all of the oils. I bought some of that supplier's oils because they were supposed to be so fabulous, but the ones I got were pitifully weak and you could smell the chemical they used to dilute their oils in every bottle I purchased. That's when I vowed I'll just do my own thing when it comes to choosing scents. I might ask for feedback about a particular scent, but I don't just go and order a new fragrance whenever someone makes an unsolicited post about a "great" oil.

Speaking of reviews, I found this little disclaimer on the scentforum

"PLEASE NOTE: The Scent Forum has received a cease and desist letter from The Scent Works with regard to comments made about their fragrance oils. As of February 15, 2008, comments about this company and/or its fragrance oils will no longer be permitted on this site."

That really gets my blood boiling. SW gets plenty of free publicity at another forum, where everything said about them is always positive and if anyone dares to post something the least bit negative, they are quickly admonished by administrators or other members. What right do they have to tell people they aren't allowed to give their opinions about their products? What are they so afraid of?

Back