Natures Garden FOs scent retention

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jofa

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

I love NG fragrance oils, and they are in fact cheaper than, say, BB FOs, but I can't make them stick in CP. I haven't had a single one (maybe black raspberry vanilla a bit) lasting more than a week before fading to nothing. I absolutely love Fruity Rings, a best seller for them, but it won't last me a day!!

Am I doing something wrong? I would really like to use their FOs.

I soap at room temp, and FOs from other companies, like BB and WSS hold ok.

Help?

What percentage are you using? I use quite a few of theirs with good luck. Fruity Rings, Cracklin Birch, Perfect Man, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, Vanilla Champagne, Loving Spell, Mango Sorbet and others. They last at least a year or more. I tend to use all but Cracklin Birch and Perfect Man at about 6%. The other two I only use about 3-4% as they are strong.

What percentage are you using? I use quite a few of theirs with good luck. Fruity Rings, Cracklin Birch, Perfect Man, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, Vanilla Champagne, Loving Spell, Mango Sorbet and others. They last at least a year or more. I tend to use all but Cracklin Birch and Perfect Man at about 6%. The other two I only use about 3-4% as they are strong.

I use all of those at 6%, save for black raspberry, that has a lower IFRA. Orange chilly pepper is amazing but won't last at all.
I really don't get it.

I’ve found many NG fo’s to be disappointing. Many just smell off....as in really fake and chemical to me, and I’ve had problems with sticking. Redwood, Fresh cut Roses, Sweet orange chili pepper are about all I order. Sweet orange fades, but sticks in my salt bars.

I'm another that has bad luck with NG. I had a gift card so ordered Cracklin Birch which is very strong and is sticking well. I had ordered several samples to try awhile ago and found most to be disappointing even OOB. So many people seem to have a lot better luck than I do.

I’ve found many NG fo’s to be disappointing. Many just smell off....as in really fake and chemical to me, and I’ve had problems with sticking. Redwood, Fresh cut Roses, Sweet orange chili pepper are about all I order. Sweet orange fades, but sticks in my salt bars.

I'm another that has bad luck with NG. I had a gift card so ordered Cracklin Birch which is very strong and is sticking well. I had ordered several samples to try awhile ago and found most to be disappointing even OOB. So many people seem to have a lot better luck than I do.

At least it's good to know that other people go through the same problem.
Do you have a favourite brand that really sticks?

:)

At least it's good to know that other people go through the same problem.
Do you have a favourite brand that really sticks?

:)
I’ve had good luck with fragrance buddy for a reasonably priced supplier. Also Bramble Berry, Sweet Cakes, WSP, Majestic Mountain Sage and Elements B&B. The thing is, NG has so many fragrances that I am sure there are lots of good ones. I’m just reluctant to do a lot of trying when I have so much FO already. Maybe when I use up more of what I already have.

Not had any issue with NG at all. Wonder if it is a recipe or a gel/HP issue?
Even my Rose one sticks. I have very few that morph from the bottle.

This post should be in the FO section. I would also search that section for NG, there are a lot of posts on them.

Not had any issue with NG at all. Wonder if it is a recipe or a gel/HP issue?
Even my Rose one sticks. I have very few that morph from the bottle.

This post should be in the FO section. I would also search that section for NG, there are a lot of posts on them.

I don't think so, Lin. I never gel or insulate my soap. And I soap at room temp.
Maybe it's my recipe, but it's a simple and "classic" recipe.
I'm gonna do my search. Thank you! <3

Latest posts

Back