Natures Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, my FOs are sitting at my MIL's house in Chicagoland. I'll be united with them on Thanksgiving,so can report more then (and again after soaping, and again after cure).
But, watch for sales! I got mine 30%, iirc.

This is not an "unfortunate" thing because there might be more feedback available on your scents by then! It sounds like there were several soapers on this forum who purchased during that 30% off sale. If they start testing right away, by Thanksgiving you might be able to benefit from their trials. I am waiting for others to post their feedback before I purchase scents from Nature's Fragrances. This year, I've tested a little over 100 fragrances.

Oh the rabbit hole that I fell into. I will be so glad to be done with the little 1 ounce bottles!

If they start testing right away, by Thanksgiving you might be able to benefit from their trials.
Very true, but Thanksgiving is a long time away and that will require me to buckle down, concentrate, remember, and not get distracted....oooh SHINY!

UPDATE: my lovely MIL brought my order with her when she flew up! I wasn't expecting her to do that! They're packaged in plastic bottles, so I think it was a lot lighter than the WSP order that arrived the month before. Still, there were over 20 bottles {2oz}. First OOB impressions.... I didn't love a lot of them. I was less impressed than I usually am with a FO order. But I didn't get a chance to do much more than a quick sniff before we rushed away to the cottage, so I will have to report more when I get back!

UPDATE: my lovely MIL brought my order with her when she flew up! I wasn't expecting her to do that! They're packaged in plastic bottles, so I think it was a lot lighter than the WSP order that arrived the month before. Still, there were over 20 bottles {2oz}. First OOB impressions.... I didn't love a lot of them. I was less impressed than I usually am with a FO order. But I didn't get a chance to do much more than a quick sniff before we rushed away to the cottage, so I will have to report more when I get back!
which ones did you order? Im surprised but hopefully youll like them better in the soap.
I havent found one I havent liked yet but maybe weve ordered different ones.

Will put my list here, as I have it from my order. Will make preliminary comments based on memory, then update later. Remember, these are just first sniffs. And maybe I was in a cranky mood when I opened some of them :p
I did put most of them on my arms (2 per arm, every 12 hr) and was surprised that they dissipated quickly, for the most part.

Aladdin's Wish Fragrance Oil: nice, but weak and a bit nondescript.
Baja Cactus Blossom: I remember liking this one.
Balsam & Cedar Fragrance Oil: Yes! Woodsy! Was looking for woodsy (see later comments)
Black Teakwood & Mahogany Teakwood : I remember that both of the teakwoods were nice, and will have to pay more attention to differences between them.
Cafe Mocha : nice enough
Champagne Toast : very good! Fruity!
Cocoa Butter Cashmere :
very nice...I remember this one being fruitier than expected.
Driftwood:
don't remember...will have to report back.
Forest Hike & Into the Woods : one of them smells a lot like cinnamon, the other a lot like cloves. Which is fine, but neither ones smells like the woods to me....
Lavender & Spring Apricot: this one sounded very appealing, but it seems weak. Will have to revisit.
Leather Fragrance Oil: smelled like leather!!
My Dear Watson : don't remember much...must revisit
Mystical Gathering : same ^^^
Oatmeal Milk & Honey: didn't like it off the bat; hopefully will warm to it
Roasted Coffee Beans: nice! sharper than the Cafe Mocha. Neither as good as my Coffee EO (which isn't very strong and is pricey)
Route 66 : Liked this!!
Shave & Haircut : Like this too!!
Storm Watch: don't remember it.
Sweetgrass: nice one
Tabac & Leather : don't remember but i think it was ok.
Tobacco & Bay Leaf : same ^^^
Twisted Peppermint : LOVE THIS. All of the bottles I ordered were 2oz, but I was tempted to get a full 16oz of this one (they were out of the 4 and the 8) because I love the B&B version so much. But I was restrained, just in case. But it is just great. Too bad it discolours....
Woodsman: This was good, but not as woodsy as I'd hoped.
I got a 1 oz freebie of Gretel's Morning Cup: I remember wondering why I'd ordered it, until I realised that I didn't ;-)
I also ordered Iced Vanilla but they were out.

Will post more (and add notes to the FO board) when I get back and play with them more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok many of these I didnt try but let me give you my thoughts on the ones I have

Balsam & Cedar Fragrance Oil: Yes! Woodsy! Was looking for woodsy (see later comments) I love the smell of this one too but havent soaped with it yet
Black Teakwood & Mahogany Teakwood : Ive soaped with the mahogany teakwood and it still smells amazing. All the men in my house liked it too (3 of those)
Cocoa Butter Cashmere :
very nice...I remember this one being fruitier than expected. One of my favorites and one of the first ones I used. still smells good so far
Route 66 :
Liked this!! Me too. Soap still smells good
Woodsman:
This was good, but not as woodsy as I'd hoped. I like it, but not my favorite but my boys liked it

This explains a lot. You got many of the ones I havent tried yet and we seem to mostly agree on the ones I have. I may order some of the ones you got and liked and I havent tried yet

Since I play with yarn a lot, I wonder if ”Cashmere” smells like goat? No, really, wth kind of scent is ”Cashmere”? Is it inspired by the region I know as Kashmir?

Since I play with yarn a lot, I wonder if ”Cashmere” smells like goat? No, really, wth kind of scent is ”Cashmere”? Is it inspired by the region I know as Kashmir?

no clue but here are the fragrance notes

• Top – Spice, Cedarwood
  • Middle – Rich vanilla, Tonka, Coconut and Jasmine
  • Bottom – Olive Wood, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Cocoa Butter
you can def smell the coco butter but also the vanilla and tonka bean

Just soaped 5 of the sample bottles I bought from Nature's Fragrance yesterday. These were 1 oz. bottles and I divided the soap batter into 5 portions of around 17 oz. each. The oils were: Mahogany Teakwood, Sweater Weather, Woodsman, Sea Salt & Orchid & Tobacco and Bay Leaf. I am very impressed with how well each behaved when added to the soap batter - no acceleration, ricing or discoloration. I've got my fingers crossed that the scents hold up through cure....I will say that all the oils together are making my basement smell amazing!

Just soaped 5 of the sample bottles I bought from Nature's Fragrance yesterday. These were 1 oz. bottles and I divided the soap batter into 5 portions of around 17 oz. each. The oils were: Mahogany Teakwood, Sweater Weather, Woodsman, Sea Salt & Orchid & Tobacco and Bay Leaf. I am very impressed with how well each behaved when added to the soap batter - no acceleration, ricing or discoloration. I've got my fingers crossed that the scents hold up through cure....I will say that all the oils together are making my basement smell amazing!
I have woodsman but havent tried that one yet. Mahogany Teakwood is a strong fragrance and is doing very well in the soap I made with it

I just fixed up my Into the Woods fragrance today....I also have Woodsman and Forest Hike, and all three of them smell more spicy than woodsy to me. Into the Woods is almost just cinnamon! So I added some pine, fir, cedar, and bay leaf EOs to it and now it's perfect! Perfect in my lotion that is. That's what I've been doing with all of these new fragrances, is mixing them in with a bit of lotion and wearing them all day, in order to ensure that I really like them ;-) They may not ever make it into soap....

That's what I've been doing with all of these new fragrances, is mixing them in with a bit of lotion and wearing them all day, in order to ensure that I really like them ;-) They may not ever make it into soap....
That's a good idea. Lately I've been using the sample oils that I don't think will hold up in CP in shampoo and conditioner bar recipes.

I just ordered Baja Cactus Blossom. I have had it in my cart at WSP forever, but they charge way too much for shipping so I never actually ordered from them. The reviews were very good for this scent so i have high expectations. I'm going to be keeping an eye on the reviews for this company. I'm liking their selection, their prices are good, and shipping rates are reasonable.

I just ordered Baja Cactus Blossom.
I like this one, but to be honest, I confuse it with a few others in my 20+ bottle order. It's nice, but doesn't really stand out for me. but I know it's a good seller for them and hopefully it'll work well for you!

I just poured Baja Cactus Blossom and like it out of the bottle. I know reviews say it will fade then come back so we will have to wait and see. I really like it so I hope it sticks. I also poured Mahogony Coconut. Both fo's did accelerate a bit, but workable.

I like this one, but to be honest, I confuse it with a few others in my 20+ bottle order. It's nice, but doesn't really stand out for me. but I know it's a good seller for them and hopefully it'll work well for you!
I live in Arizona so I'm looking for a good cactus type fragrance to have around - just because I love cactus lol. Thanks for the info though. I am glad I didn't order a large bottle. I'll have to wait and see.. just got the shipping info.
I just poured Baja Cactus Blossom and like it out of the bottle. I know reviews say it will fade then come back so we will have to wait and see. I really like it so I hope it sticks. I also poured Mahogony Coconut. Both fo's did accelerate a bit, but workable.
Good to know about the acceleration. My main recipe already traces quickly and I have to keep my plans simple (read: single colors, no swirls lol) with anything that accelerates.

I got some new ones and Out of the Bottle, was pleased with them all.

Spice Harvest Berries. A Good Cranberry scent, not too much spice
Lavender & Spring Apricot - I have to say, for someone who doesnt like Lavender, this one is pretty nice
Black Raspberry Vanilla - One of my favorites, however, I wish I would have checked the usage % prior to ordering. Its 6.25% for Soap but only 0.05% for lotion. I was hoping to make soap and lotion sets with this one but that little bit might not be noticeable in lotion.

OK Ladies,

It has been about 60 days since the Natures Fragrances sale occurred.
At 60 day mark, are there any winners for CP soap making?

I contacted Natures Fragrances last week about upcoming sales and received the following response:
"At this time the only sale we have set in stone in our Black Friday sale and that will be on November 29th"

I've got my calendar marked for the sale, but want to hear your recommendations before I order!

msunnerstood said "route 66, Mahogany Teakwood and cocoa butter cashmere are holding well " & smelled good OOB.
MGM said she LOVED the Twisted Peppermint OOB. Perhaps she will get a batch curing soon (hint...hint... hint..)

Does anyone else have some Nature's Fragrances that have made it
past the 30 day mark and are still doing well in CP soap?

OK Ladies,

I contacted Natures Fragrances last week about upcoming sales and received the following response:
"At this time the only sale we have set in stone in our Black Friday sale and that will be on November 29th"

I've got my calendar marked for the sale, but want to hear your recommendations before I order!

msunnerstood said "route 66, Mahogany Teakwood and cocoa butter cashmere are holding well " & smelled good OOB.
MGM said she LOVED the Twisted Peppermint OOB. Perhaps she will get a batch curing soon (hint...hint... hint..)

Does anyone else have some Nature's Fragrances that have made it
past the 30 day mark and are still doing well in CP soap?

Amber & Black Current

It hasn't been 60 days (why 60 days?) yet but Sea Salt & Orchid definitely. Sweater Weather most probably. Not sure what to think of Woodsman and stay away from Tobacco and Bay Leaf. The Mahogany Teakwood is one of the better ones that I've come across lately but they all seem to be a little on the light side for the amount I've used. I mixed my WSP Teakwood with a little patchouli to give it more depth in my shampoo and conditioner bars and would probably do that with this one too if I decided to add it to my soap selections. Be aware that it turns mauve. Sea Salt & Orchid discolors the soap batter to beige, goes through full gel and turns tan as it cures. Sweater Weather goes into gel fairly fast and turns brown as it cures.

Back